Polyonics antistatic tapes include durable static dissipate topcoats and generate low peel voltages when their liners are removed to help protect static sensitive devices from ESD damage.
Westmoreland, N.H. (PRWEB) February 01, 2013
Polyonics unique single and double coated antistatic tapes have proven effective in helping prevent ESD events in static sensitive devices (SSD). The tapes offer surface resistances at the heart of the static dissipative range—10^5 to 10^9 Ohms—that help safely dissipate Triboelectric charges before they can cause an ESD event. In addition, the tapes produce a very low peel voltage (<100v) when their liners are removed.
The engineered tapes and films are ultra-thin for today's tight tolerance components. They include durable, static dissipative topcoats that can be applied even to wear surfaces.
Polyonics antistatic tapes are offered in a variety of configurations including;
•Single coated—for protection, insulation and isolation of SSDs
- Double coated tapes—for bonding and attaching static sensitive components and devices
The antistatic tapes are available in a wide variety of configurations with acrylic or silicone PSAs and liner selections to help optimize each die cut operation. In addition, tapes are available with both antistatic and Halogen free UL94 VTM0 flame retardant (FR) protection.
The tapes have found success in many of the major industries including;
- Electronics: Protecting gold fingers during wave solder while also reducing Tribocharge buildup during handling/test
- Medical: Static sensitive surface protection along with permanent and temporary component attachments
- Aerospace: Insulation of static sensitive avionics where fire propagation must also be avoided.
- Printers and copiers: Dissipating static charges generated by moving mechanisms and bonding static sensitive components
- IC development labs: Protecting new SSD designs while under test and prototyping antistatic processes for eventual production environments
- Automotive: Replacing traditional conformal coating while also protecting PCBs from potentially damaging Triboelectric charges
The Polyonics antistatic tapes and films include;
Static Dissipative Films
- XF-108 - 1 mil matte black top coated PI
- XF-109 - 0.5 mil matte black top coated PI
- XF-110 - 1 mil PI
- XT-703 - 1 mil clear PET
Single Coated Static Dissipative Tapes
- XT-622 - 1 mil PI/acrylic PSA/liner
- XT-623 - 2 mil PI/acrylic PSA/liner
- XT-626 - 1 mil PI/acrylic flame retardant PSA/liner
- XT-627 - 2 mil PET/acrylic PSA/liner
- XT-708 - 0.5 mil matte black top coated PI/acrylic PSA/liners
- XT-717 - 0.5 mil PI/acrylic PSA/liner
Double Coated Antistatic Tapes
- XT-652 - 1 mil PI/acrylic PSA/liners
- XT-653 - 1 mil PI/silicone PSA/liners
- XT-663 - 1 mil clear PET/acrylic PSA/liners
All tapes are REACH and RoHS compliant. Polyimide tapes listed are amber in color and are also available in black. PET is white except where noted. Custom constructions are also available.
Please contact Dave Genest at 603.903.6327 or Tape.Expert (at) Polyonics (dot) com