Phoenix, AZ (PRWEB) February 06, 2013
Genius Monkey releases projections of online marketing trends for 2013. During the last three years, social media has grown exponentially. In 2012 alone: Facebook met its one billionth user, Pinterest sprang onto the scene seemingly fully formed, and YouTube created a worldwide sensation or two (Gangnam Style and KONY 2012). Where is it all headed and what can we expect this year?
What will Social Media bring to online marketing trends in 2013?
1. Facebook: Facebook enjoys being number one. They’ll hold on to this particular claim in 2013 as well as reaching 1.5 billion users.
2. Twitter: In 2013, the number of users accessing this social media site as a real time news platform will increase by millions.
3. YouTube: In 2013, users will see YouTube channels becoming more and more a part of the daily user experience. It’s projected that 75% of all channels in the next decade will be born on the Internet.
4. Pinterest: 59% of Pinterest users have purchased something they saw on the boards. In 2013, retailers will focus a more significant portion of their marketing efforts on Pinterest. A metaphorical downpour of big companies and marketers will be populating Pin Boards in 2013.
5. LinkedIn: Most relevant to B2B marketers and job hunters, LinkedIn is expected to double in popularity by the end of 2013. During the last quarter of 2012, LinkedIn recorded 183 million active users.
6. Instagram: In 2013, mobile marketing will explode. Projections see the mobile market’s estimated worth reaching $24 billion and 80% of the world’s population using mobile phones. It shouldn’t be surprising then, that Instagram is pegged as being the MVP of social media in 2013.
7. Google+: As Google+ continues to struggle to claim a spot in the realm of social media; it will pay to note that Google created the site (obviously). Basically, that means it’s not going away regardless of a struggle. Many expect a surprise from this quarter in 2013.
Jeremy Hudgens with Genius Monkey suggests, “Businesses of all types, all niches, can no longer ignore social media. The reach and impact is unlike any other marketing tool available and it is only going to grow. Your overall marketing budget needs to include a solid social media management plan.”
Genius Monkey provides clients with access to a team of marketing scientists that speed up the evolution of the average company by incorporating advanced marketing technology and services. Genius Monkey’s advanced scientific data-collection algorithms work to increase ROI and brand awareness. Implementing Genius Monkey’s online marketing strategy means companies can reach millions of targeted customers with ease and convenience while avoiding the potentially explosive costs of traditional marketing. Click to read more online marketing news from Genius Monkey.