A kitchen is about more than just the practicalities. It also has to be a pleasure to observe, day after day. We create rooms that open up new possibilities.
Silkeborg, Denmark (PRWEB) February 07, 2013
LINAK challenges our self and our customers to take a stand, when it comes to CSR, design opportunities, quality and ergonomics. Thus, LINAK participates in this year’s Stockholm Furniture Fair with the motto “Take a stand – make a move”. It was also this way of thinking that led LINAK to collaborate with Multiform on a kitchen project.
LINAK contacted Multiform in the summer of 2012. They agreed to work on a kitchen for the exhibition, based on a range of ideas from LINAK, by which Multiform could be inspired.
- LINAK’s ideas were quite specific and straightforward. We always strive to achieve innovation. We certainly see a lot of opportunities in the kitchen we have developed together.
We see a great potential in collaborating with LINAK, as it gives us an opportunity to be at the cutting edge, when it comes to functionality, says John Noe, Logistic Manager at Multiform A/S.
Correlation between design and functionality
The collaboration between LINAK and Multiform has been characterised by competent feedback and knowledge sharing, in order to achieve optimal correlation between qualitative design and functionality.
- It is important for us that we can help develop solutions, which focus on both design and functionality. It is important for us that movement is incorporated in the everyday, which we have achieved by making a kitchen, in which adjustment is included, says Henriette Lundquist, segment responsible for DESKLINE at LINAK Danmark A/S.
LINAK and Multiform have collaborated since 2008, and the kitchen manufacturer experiences that more and more people request a combination of design and functionality.
- A kitchen is about more than just the practicalities. It also has to be a pleasure to observe, day after day. We create rooms that open up new possibilities. In general, Multiform thinks outside the box, and no two kitchens are alike. When we have enquiries concerning functionality and adjustment, LINAK is always considered during the design phase, John Noe continues.
The kitchen will be displayed on LINAK’s stand, A33:36, at Stockholm Furniture Fair on the 5th-9th of February.
Facts on the kitchen
- Height adjustable storage module/box, which can be lowered into the table top (leaving more space on the table)
- Hood and TV are in the same box, and can be lowered into the table top after use
- Height adjustable bar
- Split dinner table – enabling multifunction like you standing on one side cooking, whilst your children are sitting on the other side doing their homework.
- PIEZO; LINAK’s hardware based anti-collision technology that prevents material damage
- TV lift system for adjustment of the TV from Loewe
- Custom made range hood from Thermex.
For more information, please contact:
Henriette Lundquist, Segment responsible DESKLINE, LINAK Danmark A/S
Mobile: 4098 3666
LINAK provides innovative actuation solutions that improve people’s quality of life and working environment. We are globally recognised for high quality, technically advanced and innovative products. LINAK has approx. 1,600 dedicated employees and LINAK is represented in countries all over the world through distributors and subsidiaries. We have production sites in Denmark, the USA, China and Slovakia - and we are continuously expanding our markets.