Protect Your Bubble, gadget insurance brand, has a list of some great apps for those who can make it to Mardi Gras and for those who want to experience the food at home.
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) February 05, 2013
The party is only part of the reason to attend Mardi Gras in New Orleans. The main reason for traveling there should be for the food. Known for two distinct types, Cajun and Creole, New Orleans boasts over 1,000 different restaurants that serve both styles of cooking. Protect Your Bubble, gadget insurance brand, has a list of some great apps for those who can make it to Mardi Gras and for those who want to experience the food at home.
- Ultimate Insider’s Guide to New Orleans (Free) – Sponsored by the Times-Picayune, the same group behind NOLA.com, this app focuses on everything New Orleans. From the best attractions to the finest restaurants especially, this is one app to have on an iPad. Find the best beignets and King’s Cake along with chicory coffee in this app. Other apps for mobiles are available on the NOLA.com site.
- Go NOLA (Free) – Everything in one: restaurant guide, event calendar, guidebook and navigator. Plan ahead for what to do and where to do it and the app will lay out directions. The ‘Near Me’ feature lists attractions and restaurants nearby for easy locating.
Of course, for those who do not plan on going to New Orleans anytime soon but still want to experience the food should check these apps:
- Epicurious (Free) – The first and original recipe app and still ranking highly. The extensive library contains recipes for all Louisiana standards like gumbo, jambalaya and etouffe. Make grocery lists, find pictures and learn how to make roux all in the same app.
- How to Cook Everything ($4.99) – A full hardcover book for less than $5.00. Over 2,000 recipes of every kind. A search function helps find those Creole and Cajun specific dishes and the ingredients necessary for proper preparation.
- Cookit ($0.99) – Cajun and Creole cooking require time and some degree of careful attention. Roux will burn if not watched and other dishes may suffer as well. Cookit allows timers for each dish with an alarm and a calculator to determine when to cook what so it will all hit the table simultaneously.
These apps are quite useful, until the smartphone or tablet is lost, stolen or broken. In that case, it’s important to ensure that these devices are protected. Mobile gadget insurance brand, Protect Your Bubble, offers affordable and comprehensive smartphone and tablet insurance that provides coverage for unexpected events like theft, accidental damage, loss and breakdowns outside of the manufacturer's warranty period, with 24 hour replacement of the device.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
- Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
- Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
- Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and behavioral treatments and alternative therapies. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100 which only need to be met once per plan year.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA