The AB08XX and AB18XX series of RTC ICs are targeted for ultra low power, timekeeping applications where power consumption is of critical importance.
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA (PRWEB) February 05, 2013
A globally preferred, leading supplier of frequency control and magnetic components, Abracon Corporation introduces its Ultra Low Power, Real-Time-Clock Integrated Circuits in 3x3mm QFN package.
“The AB08XX and AB18XX series of RTC ICs are targeted for ultra low power, timekeeping applications where power consumption is of critical importance. Customers who seek sub 60nA total power consumption with complete RTC functionality will find this family of great value,” explains Syed Raza, Director of Engineering at Abracon Corporation.
“Both AB08XX and AB18XX devices are offered with either SPI or I2C interface with up to 256 bytes of on-board RAM. Furthermore, the AB18XX devices are offered with an on-board Power Switch to control the power port of system processor/µcontroller; thereby, eliminating leakage currents,” continues Raza.
Since RTC ICs have broad applications, these low cost, ultra low power solutions are ideal for all power sensitive designs such as: Coin-cell and Other Battery Powered Hand-held Solutions, Smart Grid Meters, Smart Cards, Wireless Sensors and Tags, Medical Electronics, Patient Monitoring, Utility Meters, Data Loggers, Appliances, Handsets and Other General Purpose Consumer Electronics.
Key features of this family include:
- An ultra low supply current:
- Less than 15nA with RC Oscillator
- Less than 20nA with RC Oscillator & Auto Calibration
- Less than 55nA with Crystal Oscillator
- Operating voltage: +1.70V to +3.60V
- An industry standard: 3x3mm QFN package
- I2C (400kHz) or SPI (2MHz) communication
- Counters for hundreds, seconds, minutes, hours, date, weekday, month, year and century
- Alarm capability on all counters
- A watchdog timer with hardware reset
- Up to 256 bytes of general purpose RAM
- Power management: Integrated less than 1Ω power switch for off-chip components, such as the host MCU
These solutions are currently in stock with Abracon's Global Distribution partners at a competitive distribution resale price.
Stocking Distributor Links
For technical assistance with this product, please contact Abracon Corporation at tech-support(at)abracon(dot)com.
Abracon Corporation was established in 1992 with the vision of becoming a top tier global manufacturer of Frequency Control, Signal Conditioning, Clock Distribution, and Magnetic Components with local design and technical support. Abracon provides its customers with high quality products, competitive pricing, timely delivery, reliable engineering and technical support, plus production flexibility worldwide.
# # #