ProSOC is a powerful yet flexible family of 24x7 outsourced security services
Irvine, California (PRWEB) February 01, 2013
Proficio, a leading provider of managed security and networking services, today announced details of its ProSOC Service. ProSOC is a powerful yet flexible family of 24x7 outsourced security services that includes SIEM as a Service, Security Event Monitoring, and Managed Security Services.
“Our customers want the benefits of a SIEM without the burden of becoming SIEM experts,” said Brad Taylor, CEO, Proficio Inc. “We are excited to announce our family of ProSOC Services including SIEM as a Service, Security Event Monitoring, and Managed Security Services. Unlike the majority of vendors who are only good at solving yesterday’s problems, ProSOC proactively finds the real threats in a sea of noise by analyzing multiple event sources through cross-device and functional correlation.”
Existing Security Monitoring Systems Fall Short
The need for SIEM and Log Monitoring solutions to address new security challenges and compliance requirements has never been greater. Many organizations find existing products and services hard to use, complex, and inflexible. Proficio’s 2013 Security Survey found nearly half of security professionals surveyed were dissatisfied with their existing security systems, and among organizations that used an outsourced SOC with an MSSP, satisfaction was 22% higher than those who operated an in-house SOC.
Despite the wide use of SIEM and Log Management products and services, over half the respondents to the same survey say a significant percentage of serious alerts are never investigated or resolved. The volume of high priority alerts, the lack of actionable data accompanying alerts, and the shortage of qualified in-house security experts all contribute to the gap in performance of existing systems.
ProSOC addresses the critical limitations with existing approaches to security event monitoring. ProSOC advantages include:
- Industry’s top security experts and SIEM architects
- 24x7 security event monitoring
- Advanced cross-correlation of security events to identify and protect against complex attacks and insider threats
- Customized rules and use cases that ensure focus on real threats, not false positives
- Customized reports and dashboards to meet the needs of different users
- Out-of-the-box compliance reporting for PCI, HIPAA, SOX, and other regulations
- Cost saving cloud-based deployment with subscription pricing model
Proficio Provides More SIEM Implementation Choices
- ProSOC SIEM as a Service - cloud-based deployment of SIEM and Log Management with outsourced SIEM administration and rule authoring
- ProSOC Security Monitoring - cloud-based deployment of SIEM and Log Management with 24x7 Security Operations Center (SOC) monitoring services
- ProSOC Managed Security Services - managed firewall, IDS, and WAF services
- Proficio Integration and Consulting Services - implement new SIEM and Log Management systems
- Proficio SIEM Operations and Maintenance - outsourced administration of existing SIEM systems located at the customer’s premise
Find more information on ProSOC at http://www.prosocservice.com.
About Proficio Proficio is a leading provider of managed security and networking services. ProSOC is our security monitoring and analysis service. Using industry leading SIEM technology, security experts monitor, prioritize and respond to security alerts 24×7. Our experts have managed some of the largest and most respected Security Operation Centers in America. Proficio’s ProNOC service provides 24×7 monitoring of networks, servers, circuits, and applications ensuring continuous uptime. Proficio offers comprehensive security assessment services including penetration testing and vulnerability analysis. Our customers benefit from receiving highly cost effective solutions that ensure the security, health, and performance of their networks and applications. For more information see: http://www.proficio.com.