Des Moines, IA (PRWEB) February 01, 2013
On February 1, 2013, Midland Display Products, a thirty-plus year provider of trade show booth designs and manufacturing services, have launched http://www.3Din2.com. The new B2C website will cater to a reverse-style customer service experience where a free consultation, free design services and free CAD renderings come before the sale.
Midland Display Products is not new to providing state-of-the-art trade show booth designs and manufacturing solutions. For over thirty years, co-owners Chad Leiffert and Robert Albright have been providing trade show booth solutions for clients such as NASA, GMAC, Raytheon, The United States Air Force, Teledyne, and many other Fortune 500 companies. The difference? In the past, only their top-tier clients were taking advantage of their free consultations, free designs and free CAD renderings. Now, http://www.3din2.com will allow Midland Display Products to bring the service aspect of the customer experience up-front, and the actual sale at the end of the customer experience.
“Not so long ago, Honda Automotive Company asked their American dealership owners to make a change to their facilities by putting the entrance to their service centers at the front of their facilities vs. in the back. Honda was sending a message to consumers and manufacturers alike, making it clear that service really is more important than the sale. We're following that model by offering free design consultations and free CAD renderings of your trade show booth up-front, before the sale. Then, only after we've met or exceeded the customer's needs, do we ask for the sale”, says Robert Albright, co-founder of Midland Display Products and 3Din2.com
The typical trade show booth customer experience works like this:
1. The client chooses a booth structure.
2. The client pays for it.
3. A design is created, either by the client or by the trade show booth retailer, often at an additional fee.
4. The client is supplied a CAD rendering or basic drawing.
5. The retailer builds and ships the completed booth.
The problem with this “old-school” format is that the client really has no idea what they're buying until long after they've paid. Additionally, it's not uncommon during the many booth design stages that a different trade show booth structure than the one purchased could have yielded a better end-result, and/or possibly cost less.
The customer experience at 3Din2.com works in reverse:
1. The client browses the many booth examples available at both http://3Din2.com and/or Midland's sister e-commerce site at http://tradeshowtrussdisplays.com, where clients can choose a preliminary booth structure.
2. The client then calls 3Din2.com's toll-free number at 888-525-8103 for a free design consultation, where they will discuss both the client's needs and budget.
3. 3Din2.com's booth designers, each with over thirty years of trade show booth design experience under their belt, design the booth, offer free advice, and then provide a free 3D CAD rendering of the booth (often, within two hours of the free phone consultation).
4. If the client's needs have been satisfied, the payment transaction then occurs.
5. 3Din2.com builds and ships the completed booth
“To our knowledge, no one in the trade show booth retail space is doing business this way. After doing this for thirty-plus years, I truly believe this is the only way a trade show booth should be bought. I can't think of any other retail products that requires customization where the consumer pays blindly, not knowing exactly what their getting until after they pay. The trade show booth buying experience needed to change, and 3Din2.com is providing the solution”, according to Mr. Leiffert.
To browse the many trade show booth designs available at 3Din2.com and http://tradeshowtrussdisplays.com, including the new two-story trade show booths with private consultation areas and screening rooms, visit http://www.3Din2.com. To schedule a free trade show booth design consultation, call their toll-free number at 1-888-525-8103 today.