Sex, romance, and passion are critical themes of cinema and Valentine’s Day.
Las Vegas, Nevada (PRWEB) February 13, 2013
Empowered Products, Inc., maker of the popular PINK® and Gun-Oil® personal lubricants, announced today, just in time for Valentine’s Day and the Academy Awards® ceremony on Feb. 24, its Top 5 lists of best movies for lovers and fans of mainstream cinema where a central theme of a movie is sex and passion.
“Sex, romance, and passion are critical themes of cinema and Valentine’s Day. Our PINK and Gun-Oil lubricants enhance those themes in real life, and, our Top 5 lists recognize the top films that capture that spirit,” commented Scott Fraser, president and CEO of Empowered Products. “Many of the outstanding motion pictures that our PINK and Gun-Oil faithful cited have been nominated for and/or won prestigious honors including Oscar®, Golden Globe®, and Palme d’Or.”
Empowered Products asked visitors to its Facebook pages for PINK (http://www.facebook.com/Pinkforus) and Gun-Oil (http://www.facebook.com/GunOilProducts) to name their favorite mainstream films in three categories: 1) Comedies in Which Sex Was a Major Theme; 2) Dramas in Which Sex Was a Major Theme; and, 3) Movies in Which Kinky or Fetish Sex Was a Major Theme. The company determined the Top 5 movies in each category to be:
Top 5 Comedies in Which Sex Was the Main Theme
1. Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice (1969; nominated for 4 Oscars®)
2. Friends with Benefits (2011; nominated for People’s Choice award)
3. Love and Other Drugs (2010; nominated for 2 Golden Globes®)
4. Zach and Miri Make a Porno (2008)
5. The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005; won AFI, Broadcast Film Critics Assn. awards)
Top 5 Dramas in Which Sex Was the Main Theme
1. Body Heat (1981; nominated for Golden Globe)
2. The Postman Always Rings Twice (1946 & 1981)
3. Double Indemnity (1944; nominated for 7 Oscars)
4. The Sessions (2012; nominated for Oscar)
5. Wild Orchid (1989; nominated for 2 Razzies)
Top 5 Movies in Which Kinky or Fetish Sex Was the Main Theme
1. Last Tango in Paris (1972; nominated for 2 Oscars)
2. 9 1/2 Weeks (1986; nominated for 3 Razzies)
3. Secretary (2002; nominated for Golden Globe, won Sundance Film Festival Special Jury Prize)
4. Crash (1996; won Canne Film Festival Special Jury Prize, nominated for Palme d’Or)
5. Sex, Lies and Videotape (1989; nominated for Oscar, won Cannes Film Festival Palme d’Or)
PINK and Gun-Oil personal lubricant products are available in silicone, water-based and hybrid formulas. PINK and Gun-Oil all-natural herbal performance enhancement products help men and women maximize performance while enhancing desire. The full line of PINK products can be purchased online at http://www.PinkForUs.com; and, Gun-Oil products at http://www.GunOil.com. Selected products also are available at many Walgreens and CVS retail locations, and online at Target.com.
About Empowered Products, Inc.
Empowered Products, Inc. (OTCBB: EMPO), with headquarters in Las Vegas, Nev., has forged a leading presence in the global wellness industry with the development, manufacture, and distribution of high-quality products for men and women. The Company's branded PINK and Gun-Oil lines of lubricants are available in more than 3,000 retail locations in more than 30 countries. For more information, visit the company website at http://www.EmpoweredProducts.com or call (800) 929-0407.
Oscar®, Oscars® and Academy Awards® are copyrighted by, and registered trademarks of, The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Golden Globe® and Golden Globes® are copyrighted by, and registered trademarks of, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.