Finding a medical sales job is a lot like finding new customers–you’ve got to move fast and work smart in order to beat out your competition.
Dallas, TX (PRWEB) February 08, 2013
Medical sales jobs are on the rise, but so is the competition. Job seekers often wonder how to get a job fast and with the right company? Peggy McKee does not merely give useful information and strategies to medical sales reps. She also offers them free training webinars: Fastest Way to Get a Job.
Just being in the field a long time and having lots of experience and a great resume does not necessarily win the position. The candidate has to realize that he or she is not selling medical products but selling him or herself to the person in charge of hiring. The candidate is the “product.” In a way, the candidate has to sell or convince the person doing the hiring that he or she is the best “product” or person for the job.
In other words, there is a strategy to getting hired, similar in some ways to selling the company’s products. That’s the view of Peggy McKee, seven-year veteran of Medical Sales and Recruiter for fourteen years and CEO at PHCConsulting. McKee quoted, “Finding a medical sales job is a lot like finding new customers–you’ve got to move fast and work smart in order to beat out your competition.”
How to get that job fast and with the right company? That is the bottom line, says McKee. On her website at http://www.phcconsulting.com/WordPress/2012/11/20/10-fastest-ways-to-find-a-medical-sales-job/. McKee lists the top 10 Fastest Ways to Get a Job, strategies that apply best to medical sales reps and which she accessed from her other website, Career Confidential, at Fastest Way to Get a Job Series – 25 Tips for a Super-Fast Job Search.
Here are McKee’s top 10 Fastest Ways to Get a Job in medical sales:
1. Fastest Way to Find a Job -Tip 1 — Networking: Learn how one’s network is bigger than one thinks and how it can best be utilized in medical sales.
2. Fastest Way to Find a Job -Tip 2 — Previous Bosses: Why a previous boss is a good call to make and what to say to the boss (even if one is unsure about the relationship).
3. Fastest Way to Find a Job -Tip 3 — LinkedIn: Be comfortable and work smart on LinkedIn.
4. Fastest Way to Find a Job -Tip 6 — Trade Shows: Best tips for working this surprisingly rich resource.
5. Fastest Way to Find a Job -Tip 9 — Companies one interviewed with before: one probably hasn’t considered them, but they’re worth talking to.
6. Fastest Way to Find a Job -Tip 10 — Recruiters: Types of recruiters and how best to work with them.
7. Fastest Way to Find a Job -Tip 14 — Job Shadowing: Why they work, how to get one, and what to do on the big day.
8. Fastest Way to Find a Job -Tip 17 — Newspapers: Still a worthwhile resource, but not for the reasons you think.
9. Fastest Way to Find a Job -Tip 19 — Industry Organizations: How to take advantage of these very helpful organizations.
10. Fastest Way to Find a Job -Tip 21 — Career Coaching: How career coaching works and what it can do to help one get the ideal job.
Peggy McKee does not merely give useful information and strategies to medical sales reps. She also offers them free training webinars: Fastest Way to Get a Job.
The medical sales field is expanding, but competition is also increasing. A great resume is not enough, according to Peggy McKee, PHConsulting. Specific strategies are required to land the job of one’s dreams, and she offers her 10 Fastest Ways to Get a Job in medical sales as well as free training webinars. The full story is at http://www.phcconsulting.com/WordPress/2012/11/20/10-fastest-ways-to-find-a-medical-sales-job/
Career Confidential is a rapidly growing job search training company based in Texas that specializes in providing job seekers with powerful and customizable tools and techniques to get the jobs they want fast.
Since nationally-recognized recruiting and job search experts Peggy McKee (CEO) and Carl Chapman (CTO) founded Career Confidential in 2009, Career Confidential has grown from one product, the 30/60/90-Day Business Plan, to more than 30 products to guide candidates through every step of the job search.
Career Confidential helps job seekers worldwide. If you would like more information about this topic, or to schedule a coaching session, please call Peggy McKee toll-free at 1-800-691-2562 or e-mail Peggy at Peggy(at)CareerConfidential(dot)com.