“Diversity is embedded in our culture at Union Bank,” said Union Bank Senior Executive Vice President Pierre P. Habis, head of Community Banking.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) February 05, 2013
As part of its ongoing commitment to cultural diversity and responsible banking, and in celebration of Black History Month, Union Bank has launched a Facebook initiative featuring a second edition of shared audio tracks from well-known African American artists with their unique take on the Black experience. Celebrate the Sounds of the Black Experience, an archive of six audio compact discs that Union Bank produced from 2004-2009, is featured on the Community section of the bank’s Facebook page. The compilation highlights the importance of history, education, music and the arts within the African American community. From gospel and jazz to opera and blues, it features the historical account of such musical greats as jazz artist Duke Ellington and opera singer Hope Foye and storyteller Babe Evans.
The Celebrate the Sounds of the Black Experience six-disc compilation features the following:
1. (2004) A Journey in Black History, an educational piece about historical figures, such as Duke Ellington.
2. (2005) Stories from Our Past, a collection of stories about California African American pioneers, such as Biddy Mason and Dr. Samuel Kountz.
3. (2006) Rising Voices, the story of African American contributions to the world of music featuring young musicians.
4. (2007) Scholarly Insights, highlighting African American contributions to higher education by presidents of California State Universities.
5. (2008) People’s Artist, Singing Her Song, featuring the music and story of classical arts opera singer Hope Foye.
6. (2009) Storytellers: From a Whisper to a Shout, showcasing African American storytellers and honoring the vital role they play in history.
“Diversity is embedded in our culture at Union Bank,” said Union Bank Senior Executive Vice President Pierre P. Habis, head of Community Banking. “We hope everyone is inspired to visit our Facebook page to enjoy the commemorative tracks and to learn more about the rich, vibrant culture and accomplishments within the African American community.”
Visit the Community section of Union Bank’s Facebook page throughout the month of February to enjoy select tracks from the special edition audio compact discs.
About UnionBanCal Corporation & Union Bank, N.A.
Headquartered in San Francisco, UnionBanCal Corporation is a financial holding company with assets of $97 billion at December 31, 2012. Its primary subsidiary, Union Bank, N.A., is a full-service commercial bank providing an array of financial services to individuals, small businesses, middle-market companies, and major corporations. The bank operated 447 branches in California, Washington, Oregon, Texas, Illinois, and New York as well as two international offices, on December 31, 2012. UnionBanCal Corporation is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd., which is a subsidiary of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. Union Bank is a proud member of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), one of the world's largest financial organizations. Visit http://www.unionbank.com for more information.
# # #