@steveaoki comes to Starling City in an upcoming episode of #ARROW: http://bit.ly/XlTYoF Tune in Wed Mar 20 @ 8/7c on @CW_network
Burbank, CA (PRWEB) February 05, 2013
DJ and producer Steve Aoki will make a cameo appearance as himself in an upcoming episode of The CW’s hit action series Arrow. Airing Wednesday, March 20 at 8/7c on The CW, the episode features the long-awaited opening of Oliver Queen’s Starling City nightclub.
- Since money is no object for a billionaire like Oliver Queen (series star Stephen Amell), he hires the world’s most in-demand DJ — Steve Aoki — to play opening night at his new club.
- Tracks from Aoki’s recently released EP, It’s the End of the World As We Know It, will be included in the episode, in addition to tracks from affiliated artists on Aoki’s Dim Mak music label.
- To download a photo of Aoki, click here: https://www.yousendit.com/download/UW14VWRqY1NEa1dLRmNUQw
As a label head over the last 15 years, Steve Aoki broke bands like Bloc Party, The Bloody Beetroots, Klaxons and The Gossip through deftly marketed releases on his Dim Mak label. As an event and nightclub promoter, he started some of the most influential nights in Southern California with names like the Pickle Patch, Banana Split and the 10-year strong Dim Mak Tuesday party which has seen legendary debut performances from acts ranging from Lady Gaga to Skrillex, M.I.A, Kid Cudi, The Bloody Beetroots, Boys Noize and Justice. As a DJ, he averages nearly 250 shows a year throughout the world, playing to millions of fans. As a remixer, he’s worked with everyone from Duran Duran to Michael Jackson, The Killers and Weezer. In addition to several hit singles as a music producer, his debut album Wonderland vaulted into the iTunes Top 10 within a day of its release, spawned a Grammy nomination for Best Dance Album and featured superstar friends and collaborators including Will.I.Am, LMFAO, Travis Barker, Rivers Cuomo, Lil Jon and many more.
You can keep track of him along with his millions of social media followers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and YouTube and even make your world a bit more like his using the official AOKIFY Mobile App.
Airing Wednesdays at 8/7c on The CW, Arrow stars Stephen Amell, Colin Donnell, Katie Cassidy, David Ramsey, Willa Holland, with Susanna Thompson and Paul Blackthorne. Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg are executive producers of the series. Based upon characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics, Arrow is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television.
# # #
(818) 954-7222, tom(dot)mcalister(at)warnerbros(dot)com
(818) 954-7337, benjamin(dot)brown(at)warnerbros(dot)com