New York, NY (PRWEB) February 06, 2013
SpaFinder® Wellness announced today that Wellness Week® 2013 will take place this year in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom from March 11-17.
To inspire people to take the first step toward a healthier and happier life, SpaFinder Wellness is offering a free $25 Wellness Week Bonus Card with the purchase of a $25 SpaFinder Wellness Gift Card. The Wellness Week Bonus Card can be redeemed from March 11-17 at any of the 20,000 wellness businesses globally that accept SpaFinder Wellness Gift Cards, including Bliss, Curves, Equinox, Red Door Spas, and The Woodhouse Day Spas. The special Bonus Card offer is available one per customer for a limited time only beginning February 20th at http://www.spafinder.com/wellnessweek.
By making wellness available and affordable on a scale never before offered during Wellness Week, SpaFinder Wellness will provide wellness-seekers with seven days of inspiration, learning, and new experiences at spas, gyms, yoga and Pilates studios, and other wellness providers. Many of these providers will offer free events, including open houses, workshops, and consultations, as well as their own special offers that can be purchased with the SpaFinder Wellness Gift Card and Bonus Card. A list of all events and offers will be available at http://www.spafinder.com/wellnessweek.
Wellness Week encourages people to express their commitment to health by taking the Wellness Week Pledge, seven simple steps toward a happier and healthier life. To help people on their path to wellness, a panel of experts from leading members of the SpaFinder Wellness network will provide a wealth of tips, advice, and tools for taking the Wellness Week Pledge. The Wellness Week Expert Panel includes:
- Dr. Wendy Bazilian, nutrition advisor at the Golden Door Spa and author of SuperFoodsRX Diet
- Lashaun Dale, Senior National Creative Manager of Group Fitness at Equinox, named one of the Best Gyms in America by Fitness Magazine
- Larysa Didio, celebrity fitness trainer (Katie Couric, Vanessa Williams)
- C.G. Funk, licensed massage therapist and Vice President at Massage Envy
- Jeni Garrett, founder of The Woodhouse Day Spa, named “America’s best spa chain” by Day Spa Magazine
- Kristin McGee, celebrity fitness trainer and expert at Clay (Tina Fey, Bethenny Frankel)
- Mike Indursky, president at Bliss World, which operates 21 spa locations in five countries
- John Ibach, director of outdoor recreation at Red Mountain Resort, named Best Spa for Affordability in the 2012 SpaFinder Wellness Readers' Choice Awards
- Jean Kolb, director of wellness businesses at Kohler Waters Spa, one of only 31 spas worldwide awarded a 2012 Five-Star Award by Forbes Travel Guide
- Beau MacMillan, chef at Sanctuary Camelback Mountain and co-author of The Alzheimer's Prevention Cookbook
- Nadia Rodman, Director of Nutrition at Curves, which operates 7,000 locations in 90 countries
- Cornelia Zicu, Chief Creative Officer at Red Door Spas, which operates 30 day spa and resort locations nationwide
“Wellness Week is the centerpiece of a national movement aimed at empowering people to build their own personal path to wellness,” said Sallie Fraenkel, Executive Vice President of SpaFinder Wellness. “Our goal is for Wellness Week to be the inspiration for people everywhere to take steps to create a healthier body and mind and live a longer, more vital life."
About SpaFinder® Wellness
Every year SpaFinder Wellness connects millions of people seeking access to a healthier, happier lifestyle with its worldwide network of 20,000 wellness providers. Only the SpaFinder Wellness Network has the breadth and resources to support a vast range of corporate/business and personal wellness initiatives. Its unique digital platform is the only destination that gives people everywhere the ability to discover, search, evaluate, and purchase services easily and conveniently—whether they are seeking spa, fitness, yoga, Pilates, or other wellness experiences and services. The company is the largest retailer and wholesaler of gift cards for the spa and wellness industry, and also offers SpaFinder Wellness currency to support corporate wellness programs that help employees maintain healthy, productive lifestyles. For more information, please visit http://www.SpaFinderWellness.com.