(PRWEB UK) 12 February 2013
Those family members and significant others who invested in a brand new tablet or smartphone for their loved one this during the holidays need not worry about whether they are getting any use out of it, according to Lettingweb.
According to the largest marketplace for lettings in Scotland, January saw a huge uplift in both traffic to site from mobile devices and downloads of their iPhone application.
- An increase of 91% in traffic from mobile users on the previous month, and an increase of 112% in traffic from tablets.
- 83% more property searches via mobile devices than December.
- 110% more property enquiries via mobile devices than December.
- A 47% increase in downloads of the Lettingweb iPhone app.
The data also throws up some interesting regional differences, with key Scottish cities showing massive increases. There were 101% more searches for flats to rent in Glasgow via mobile in January, 117% more searches in Edinburgh and 129% more in Dundee.
In contrast, less metropolitan areas like Midlothian, Montrose and Stirling had much lower increases; at 47%, 46% and 42% respectively.
Patrick Foot, Lettingweb’s Product Manager, had this to say about the trend:
‘Whilst this data is drawn in comparison to the previous month only, the spike in mobile traffic is now a definable trend against every other month of the year: so it makes sense that people are using devices that they either got at Christmas or in the January sales.
Last year, the mobile traffic on Lettingweb dropped 6% after January, bucking the trend for increased smartphone and tablet usage increasing the last few months.’
The news comes as Lettingweb moves closer to the launch of its brand new mobile site in early 2013.
Christmas Flat Hunters Go Mobile
Flat Hunters Turn to Mobile
1. For further information, or to speak to Steve Tigar please contact Lettingweb’s Press Office:
- Patrick Foot: 0131 557 7770
- Email: marketing(at)lettingweb(dot)com
Follow Lettingweb on Twitter, where we publish our latest press releases and industry insights: http://www.twitter.com/lettingweb
2. For more information of Lettingweb, please visit their website:
Lettingweb is the UK's favourite letting only property portal. Whether you're searching for the perfect property to rent, have a property you need to let or just want to find the best letting agents in your area – we've got it covered.
We were set up in 1999 as a portal built for letting agents by letting agents, with the aim of making finding property to rent easier for all involved. We’ve helped hundreds of letting agents grow their business so far, and we want to do even more.