McLean, Va. (PRWEB) February 08, 2013
RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association is pleased to announce that four new members were recently elected to the RESOLVE Board of Directors. Representing the infertility community with expertise in advocacy, law, management, communications, fundraising, and medicine, the Board leads RESOLVE in meeting its mission to improve the lives of women and men with infertility. Joining the RESOLVE Board of Directors in 2013 are:
- Julie Berman, MBA, Minnetonka, Minnesota, is a marketing professional who has volunteered for RESOLVE since 2004. She has coordinated volunteers, led support groups, and chaired the Annual Family Building Conference for the Midwest Region.
- Kelly K. Damron, CPA, MBA, Phoenix, Arizona, is a financial expert who has volunteered for RESOLVE since 2007. She has served as the Chair of the successful Arizona Walk of Hope and chaired the Arizona affiliate for several years. Kelly is the author of Tiny Toes: A Couple’s Journey through Infertility, Prematurity, and Depression.
- David Sable, MD, New York, New York, directs healthcare and life science investing for the Special Situations Funds and is portfolio manager of the Special Situations Life Sciences Fund. Prior to leaving clinical medicine, Dr. Sable co-founded the Institute for Reproductive Medicine and Science at Saint Barnabas Medical Center in New Jersey.
- Mark Segal, CPA, MBA, Potomac, Maryland, is the Chief Executive Officer for Shady Grove Fertility and Senior Regional Vice President for IntegraMed America. Prior to joining IntegraMed and Shady Grove Fertility in 1997, he was the Chief Financial Officer for a 120-physician Family Medicine practice. In addition Mark is the founder of CapexMd, a Fertility Specialty, Patient Finance Company.
“We are delighted to welcome these dedicated volunteers to RESOLVE’s Board of Directors,” said Jane Castanias, RESOLVE’s Board Chair. “Julie, Kelly, David, and Mark have each supported RESOLVE’s mission in significant ways, and I look forward to working with the full RESOLVE Board of Directors in 2013 to advance our cause.”
The following individuals will continue their Board terms in 2013:
- Alisyn Camerota, Westport, CT
- Jane Castanias, JD, Oakton, VA
- Alice D. Domar, PhD, Waltham, MA
- Frank R. Dunau, Wellesley, MA
- David L. Keefe, MD, New York, NY
- Jim Knowles, Round Hill, VA
- Risa A. Levine, Esq., New York, NY
- Kim Thornton, MD, Waltham, MA
One in eight U.S. couples of childbearing age is diagnosed with infertility. For more information, please visit http://www.resolve.org.
About RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association: Established in 1974, RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association is a non-profit organization with the only established, nationwide network mandated to promote reproductive health and to ensure equal access to all family building options for men and women experiencing infertility or other reproductive disorders. One in eight U.S. couples of childbearing age is diagnosed with infertility. RESOLVE addresses this public health issue by providing community to these women and men, connecting them with others who can help, empowering them to find resolution and giving voice to their demands for access to all family building options. For more information, visit http://www.RESOLVE.org.