(PRWEB) February 07, 2013
A picture speaks a thousand words. ACT Today! (Autism Care and Treatment Today!), a national non-profit organization whose mission is to provide care and treatment to children with autism, is launching the Fearless Kid ACTivist Portrait fundraising campaign to build autism awareness amongst youth and raise funds for autism care and treatment. The Fearless Kid ACTivist Portrait Campaign sessions will be conducted by renowned photographer Mary Ann Halpin on March 23-24 and April 6-7, 2013 in Hidden Hills and Hollywood, California.
The portrait campaign consists of studio portrait sessions of children who are inspired to help kids and families living with autism. A Kid ACTivist is a kid who cares, a kid who has a friend with autism, a kid whose brother or sister has autism, or a kid who has autism him- or herself.
“In honor of April being National Autism Awareness month, we want to not only bring more awareness to autism, but also raise much needed funds to provide care and treatment to children whose families cannot afford or access the tools their children need to reach their highest potential,” says ACT Today!’s executive director Nancy Alspaugh-Jackson.
The sessions will be held with either the individual child or siblings for approximately 45 minutes. With the donation of $297 per session, each Kid ACTivist will:
- Receive a signed retouched 8x10 gift portrait
- Receive a viewing/ordering session which will take place immediately after the photo shoot
- Be featured in a photo collage in Westlake Magazine in the May/June issue
- Appear on the Reuters billboard in Times Square, NYC, and will appear simultaneously in the Fashion Show Mall on the Strip in Las Vegas and receive a digital file of the billboard to share with friends and family online (date to be determined)
- Be featured on the ACT Today! website and get an award certificate
- Be eligible to be in the Kid ACTivist Calendar for 2014
Funds raised through the Fearless Kid ACTivist Portrait Campaign will allow ACT Today! to provide direct help to children with autism, including direct support for therapy, medical care, assistive technology, tuition to special needs schools, special needs camp, assistance dogs, assistance for military families of children with autism, social skills programs, and safety equipment (i.e. helmets and fencing).
For more information on the Fearless Kid ACTivist Portrait Sessions and to reserve an appointment, visit http://www.act-today.org/kidactivist.
About ACT Today!:
ACT Today! (Autism Care and Treatment Today!) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to providing resources and funding to families of children with autism who cannot afford or access the necessary tools their children need to reach their full potential. For more information about ACT Today!, visit: http://www.act-today.org.