Last year, more than 7 million people attended this event at Bass Pro Shops stores across America and Canada and this year promises to be even bigger.
Springfield, Mo (PRWEB) February 16, 2013
2013 Spring Fishing Classic Quick Sheet
• What: Spring Fishing Classic
- When: U.S. Locations Feb. 22-March 10 Canada Locations March 8-24
- Where: 52 Bass Pro Shops store locations across United States and Canada
- How much: Free
- Why cover it: One of the most popular and fun pastimes we remember as kids is going on family fishing trips. As parents ourselves now, we want to pass on this tradition to our kids. An ever-increasing number of families are discovering Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World stores and flocking to their award-winning venues to discover the great outdoors together. At Bass Pro Shops, families can take advantage of Outdoor Skills Workshops, attend educational seminars and listen to professional field experts—all for free--that will allow them to make great outdoor memories together to last a lifetime. Plus, there will be great interview and photo opportunities with anglers, customers and area visitors
- Facts & Figures: Last year, more than 7 million people attended the Bass Pro Shops Spring Fishing Classics—lending credibility to the U.S. statistic that more people go fishing than go to Disney’s Magic Kingdom®, Epcot® and Animal Kingdom® in Orlando, FL —the world’s number one resort –41.6 million anglers vs 37.5 million Disney visitors (http://www.sportsmenslink.org/). In Canada, more Canadians would rather fish than golf and play hockey combined --18% vs. 7% and 6% (http://www.csia.ca).
- Special events:
Fishing Seminars by Local Pros or Conservation Groups--U.S. Locations February 22-24, CAD Locations March 15-17
Reel Trade-In – U.S. Locations February 22-27, CAD stores March 8-13
Bass Pro Shops Bassmaster University Weekend—National Pros and seminars--U.S. March 1-3. CAD -Toronto and Calgary, March 9-10
Rod Trade-In – U.S. Locations March 1-5, CAD stores March 15-19
Bass Pro Shops Next Generation™ Weekend—U.S. locations March 9-10 CAD locations March 23-24. Noon to 4pm each day-- Saturday-Sunday
Daily Door Busters--see specific store listing for dates
Plus, customers may register to win a fishing trip with Tony Stewart, driver of the 2013 #14 Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet-SS. One Grand Prize Winner will be selected nationally and will win an opportunity to fish with Tony Stewart for a day. The winner and one guest will receive complementary travel and 2 night’s lodging—a total sweepstakes package value of more than $5,000.00. In addition, each store will select a First Place Winner for an exciting First Place Prize Package with a retail value of $560 U.S. and $445 CAD.
For more information: Contact Katie Mitchell (417) 873-5618 or Jenna Kendall (417) 873-5059
Pros, events, seminars and times vary per store location and are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances.
Visit http://www.basspro.com/classic and click on the local store from the drop down box for more information.
Bass Pro Shops is dedicated to ensuring families continue to have fun together outdoors through their exciting, educational events such as the Spring Fishing Classic. Last year, more than 7 million people attended this event at Bass Pro Shops stores across America and Canada and this year promises to be even bigger. And, it is at a price everyone can afford—free.
Plus, this year you could be the winner of a fishing trip with Tony Stewart sweepstakes. You could be selected as the National Grand Prize Winner and win a day of fishing with Tony Stewart, driver of the 2013 #14 Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet—SS. The fishing trip will take place in Indiana. You and your guest will receive complementary travel and 2 night’s lodging—a total sweepstakes package value of more than $5,000.00! In addition, 54 winners will be selected (one from each store) to win an exciting First Place Prize Package with a retail value of $560 US and $445 CAD.**
The 17-day event begins February 22nd and goes until March 10th at 52 of the Bass Pro Shops retail stores in the United States and March 8th through 24th at the Calgary and Toronto stores in Canada. Customers will find lots of new fishing products to browse through, live demonstrations to see, tips and techniques to learn, boat shows, kids events, and, it’s all free. Don’t forget to register to win a fishing trip with Tony Stewart sweepstakes or one of the 52 packages being given away that include a Bass Pro Shops Stainless Steel tool set, Bass Pro Shops Enigma Smart Cast Baitcast reel, Kevin Van Dam Tackle System, Coca-Cola® Tailgating Prize Package and 2 race tickets (race tickets are a $200 value.)
The Spring Fishing Classic is the best time and place to pick up the secret techniques and strategies used by the best anglers in the world. This year you’ll have two weekends of seminars and tank demonstrations to choose from-- select your favorite topic or pro or attend them all—they’re all free! (Seminars will be held at all store locations except Miami, FL; Branson, MO; Islamorada, FL; and Bass Pro Shops Outlet store in Springfield).
The first weekend at the U.S. stores, February 22-24 and the second weekend at the CAD stores, March 15-17 features “Local Tip” fishing seminars taught by local pros, conservation groups and other area experts. Seminars will vary by store location—all will be geared towards topics pertinent to those local areas.
The second weekend of the U.S. Spring Fishing Classic March 1st – 3rd, and the first weekend of the Canadian Spring Fishing Classic, March 9th-10th, offers the Bass Pro Shops Bassmaster University National Fishing Pros seminars. See and hear experts like 9-time BASS Angler of the Year Roland Martin, 4-time BassMaster Classic Champion Rick Clunn, legendary angler and TV host Bill Dance, America’s favorite fisherman and TV host Jimmy Houston, 3-time BassMaster Classic Champion Kevin VanDam and many more. Canadian customers will enjoy “Facts of Fishing” TV host Dave Mercer and the Beasley Brothers (Beasley Brothers scheduled to appear in Vaughn store only.)
(Pros, seminar topics, and times vary by store and are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. Please check individual store schedules by visiting http://www.basspro.com/classic and clicking on the store from drop down box.)
Other special events include:
- Reel Trade-In: If attendees have any old reels that don’t see a lot of action, bring them in during “Reel Trade-In” days February 22nd -27th at the U.S. stores and March 8th -13th for Canada stores. They can be traded in for a coupon worth from $5 to $100 off the purchase price of a new reel. The donated reels will be given to local not-for-profit groups whose mission is to teach children about fishing and the outdoors.
- Rod Trade-In – U.S. Locations March 1st -5th, CAD stores March 15th -19th. Bring in any old rods you aren’t using and trade for a coupon worth $5 to $100 off the purchase price of a new one. Donated rods will be given to local not-for-profit groups to teach children about fishing.
- Bass Pro Shops Next Generation™ Weekend: U.S. stores March 9th -10th, Canada March 23rd -24th Noon to 4pm. Kids can get into the spirit of the outdoors with plenty of FREE events geared for them during the Spring Classic. Activities include Catch and Release Pond++, Kid’s Fishing Seminars at 1pm and 3pm. Free 4x6 Photo and a KeepAmericaFishing™ Certificate (U.S. Locations only). Rocky View will have the photo download only and Vaughn will have photo and a Next Generation Future Angler Certificate at Catch and Release Pond, and crafts from 1pm to 4pm each day. Plus, the first 150 kids to complete a punch card each day will receive a special Bass Pro Shops Flashing Wristband (while supplies last).
- Daily Door Busters—See specified store locations.
Get ready for a family summer full of fishing and outdoor adventures. Make plans now to attend the free Spring Fishing Classic event at your local Bass Pro Shops store.
**Contest rules: Customers must register to win the “Fishing Trip with Tony Stewart” Sweepstakes or the Amazing First Place Prize Package. The Grand Prize of the Tony Stewart fishing trip will be awarded to one winner selected nationally. Fifty-four first prize winners will be selected (one per store) and awarded the Amazing First Place Prize Package. (No purchase necessary to enter or claim prize). Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec)who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes begins 02/22/13 and ends 03/10/13 for U.S. locations. In Canada (excluding Quebec), between 3/8/13 and close of business on 3/24/13.
++Catch and Release Pond, stocked with live fish, at all stores, except Calgary, Canada which will offer a Casting Pond inside store that does not feature live fish.
Contact: Katie Mitchell (417) 873-5618 or Jenna Kendall (417) 873-5059