Washington, DC (PRWEB) February 13, 2013
Far more than another new sales opportunity, exchanges will soon present health plans with a historic chance to grow their business. Get practical advice from experts on how to design the right products, and deliver them with exceptional service and direction that new members will require, in “Insurance Exchanges: Winning Strategies for Building, Positioning and Selling Products,” the latest webinar from Atlantic Information Services, Inc.
With as many as 30 million people expected to purchase coverage through an exchange, creating the right member experience is just as important as developing the right product. Health plans must ensure that customers and prospects have a positive shopping experience, or they will lose market share to more nimble competitors during this unprecedented land-grab. With the individual and small-group markets on the cusp of radical change, traditional sales and retention tools will be considerably less effective. Health insurers must transform their culture from one that rewards sales to one that focuses on service, and change their focus from risk selection to risk management.
On Feb. 26, two former health plan executives-turned industry consultants will discuss how to develop, position and sell coverage in an insurance exchange. Fred Karutz, general manager of health plan solutions at Silverlink Communications, and Alok Verma, a director at Stonegate Advisors, LLC, a consulting firm with expertise in exchange planning, offer valuable perspectives on developing products and strategies, and answers to these key questions on creating the right product:
- Why will some ancillary products be attractive to only certain consumer populations?
- How will products’ appeal vary by both market segment and subsidy level?
- How will consumers rank price, plan design and brand?
- How can insurers determine which consumers are willing to trade deep networks for lower prices? What are the dangers of having too narrow of a network?
- Should exchange products be built on top of existing plans or built from the ground up?
- Which value-added features should be included?
- How will subsidy levels impact how consumers shop?
The second part of the webinar will focus on getting the experience right:
- Why will service trump sales?
- Why is “high touch” going to rule the new marketplace?
- Why will the personalization of health coverage be critical?
- How will agents and brokers become an invaluable force in this market?
- What are the pitfalls of underestimating the complexities of customer engagement?
- How can engagement platforms deliver value and an exceptional customer/member experience?
- What technologies exist to enable personalized/high-touch communications better, faster and in more economical ways?
Additionally, there will be a live demonstration of Stonegate’s exchange simulator, which can help insurers gain an understanding of how various consumer segments and small employers will shop for coverage, and which products are likely to be the most popular.
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c3r07_022613 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.