The team at the company are in a great position to comment on the latest consumer preferences.
(PRWEB UK) 13 February 2013
Green Apple Flooring supplies laminate, engineered and hard wood flooring to homes and commercial premises across the whole of the UK. As such, the team at the company are in a great position to comment on the latest consumer preferences to emerge from the flooring sector in 2013. Managing Director Stephen MacVicar and his team have drawn upon their experience and expertise to put together a list of five flooring trends that they believe are set to evolve in the next few months.
1. Buyers will choose to invest in hardwearing prefinished floors instead of adding a finish on-site. Clear urethane and aluminium oxide finishes can be baked onto the wood with UV lights by the manufacturer to produce a finish that is said to be ten times more durable than the results of an on-site finish.
2. Customers will become even more eco-conscious when it comes to choosing which floor covering to install. It’s clear that homeowners are keen to know where their product has originated from and whether it comes from a sustainable source. To prove this point, cork is now considered an economically viable flooring option, as it is made from tree bark that regenerates over time. This product can then be recycled as often as needs be after its initial service life.
3. Homeowners will increasingly prefer to stain their own floors on-site to achieve the optimum shade. Customers with a clear idea of what they want tend to be buying unfinished wood and staining it a colour of their choice in order to have greater control over the end results, and Green Apple believes more and more buyers will be keen to adopt this hands-on approach. Though many prominent interior design experts have recently blogged about the fact that lighter shades seem to be dominating the market, Green Apple have also found dark and even black hardwood floors to be increasingly popular amongst consumers. They may not be easy to maintain, but they’re proving surprisingly popular with those who have set a little more cash aside for their renovation project.
4. Patterned carpets will become all the rage. Though Green Apple Flooring does not supply carpets directly to its customers, the company believes that fun, elaborate carpet designs are set to take the industry by storm in 2013. Patterned rugs are being considered a more versatile and affordable option in place of more costly carpet installations and add a little warmth and comfort to solid or engineered oak wood floors, too.
5. Customers will continue to seek out flooring solutions that are going to offer them greater value in the long term. The sales team at Green Apple have found that customers are no longer trying to track down the best deals and the cheapest options, but are instead more concerned about the longevity of the product and how they can expect it to perform in years (and even decades) to come. This is a trend that is only set to continue as more and more homeowners are choosing to renovate their existing property instead of moving elsewhere.
Green Apple Flooring supplies an extensive range of solid and real wood flooring to the UK. The company is proud to stock flooring and maintenance products from some of the best-known flooring brands in Europe, including Quickstep and Elka, at extremely competitive prices. Visit http://www.greenappleflooring.co.uk/en/category/solid-wood-flooring for more information or call 0800 002 9525 to speak to a member of staff directly.