Our open house events will give prospective students a taste of what we have to offer, and how our methodology will provide them with the tools they need to be employable once they graduate.
New York, NY (PRWEB) February 13, 2013
SAE Institute is giving prospective students an opportunity to experience its unique creative media curriculum at free open house events on Saturday, February 16 from noon to 3PM. The events will be held at SAE’s Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, Nashville, New York, and San Francisco campuses.
“SAE understands how to prepare aspiring creative media pros for the real world,” says Marco Bettelli, CEO of SAE Institute USA. “Our open house events will give prospective students a taste of what we have to offer – including information about our Audio Technology, Electronic Music Production, Beat Lab Production, Music Business, and iPhone Application Development programs - and how our overall methodology will provide them with the foundation and tools they need to be employable once they graduate.”
Open house visitors will be able to tour, demo, and explore all of the schools’ facilities, including in-house studios, recording/mixing consoles, workstations, and production suites. Visitors will also have a chance to meet each school’s instructors as well as a selection of alumni, who will be on hand to discuss how the SAE curriculum helped them to successfully transition from the classroom to the job market.
Special open house events at SAE campuses around the U.S. will include:
- A “DJ 101” demo will be presented by Scratch DJ Academy, which partners with SAE for DJ instruction course offerings. Guest DJ’s will include Hapa, Big Once, Zebo, Toadstyle, ChrisMix, and Fabian.
- A clinic by engineer, producer, and songwriter Marc McClusky (Weezer, Everclear, Ludo, Social Distortion), who will discuss recording techniques using Pro Tools HD. Working with a live band in the studio, Marc will demonstrate many of the processes that he uses to record and mix hit records.
- A presentation by musician, producer, and entertainment entrepreneur Martin Atkins (Public Image Ltd., Killing Joke, Nine Inch Nails, Pigface) called “Social Media Mindset”, a crash course in how to use social media tools to help music professionals improve marketplace awareness of their work, attract fans, and build business.
A presentation from school faculty and administrators, who will discuss their upcoming relocation to a new 27,000 square foot space at 218 West 18th Street. This new location will include new equipment, studio facilities, and workstations.
- A “Careers In Music” presentation by Ritch Esra, music business entrepreneur/marketer/promoter and creator of The Music Business Registry.
- An “Electronic Music/Dubstep” workshop/demo.
- A “Hip Hop Mixing Techniques” workshop/demo.
- A presentation about the school’s nine month diploma and 12 month Associate of Science programs in Audio Technology.
- An alumni presentation featuring SAE Atlanta graduate and instructor John Maskew, a 2013 Grammy winner for his work on Robert Glasper's album "Black Radio."
- A sound-for-picture demonstration by SAE Instructor David Lopez in the school’s 5.1/HD Theater, featuring an interactive Foley recording session that will feature the basics of audio video synchronization.
- An interactive demonstration by SAE instructor Lamarr Miller, who will lead a live band recording session on the school’s SSL analog console.
- “Introduction to Mixing - Tools and Techniques” clinic, featuring SAE Head Supervisor Chris Tyler demonstrating different uses of EQ, compression, and effects on the Neve VR60 console.
- “The Beat Lab Experience” clinic, featuring producer Jeron Ward of the Grammy-nominated Flush (producers for Big Boi, OutKast, Janelle Monae, and more) giving an overview of his approach to production, including tips utilized on his top-selling recordings. Jeron is the instructor of the school’s 12-week Beat Lab short course.
Prospective students can reserve a free spot at the SAE campus open house of their choice by completing an online RSVP form:
“Our open house events aren’t just about SAE’s excellent classes, facilities, and team – they’re also about the results and opportunities that an SAE education can deliver to new students,” adds Bettelli. “After learning about what we offer and how we work, prospective students who imagine themselves as successful creative media professionals will find that the best place for them to pursue their passion is at SAE.”