61 of the 110 house fires were sparked by cooking appliances
(PRWEB UK) 13 February 2013
It was reported in the Hartlepool Mail that Cleveland Fire Brigade and Cleveland Fire Support Network are issuing warnings after 61 of the 110 house fires were sparked by cooking appliances. The news comes after a number of campaigns were launched to raise awareness over the dangers of kitchen fires. In particular fire fighters are advising homeowners to maintain their electrical kitchen appliances.
As well as providing plumbers in Woolwich, the team at We Fix Now also specialise in checking and maintaining electrical and kitchen appliances. As such they were concerned by the recent statistics and were prompted to issue the following advice.
“As well as cleaning ovens and other kitchen appliances regularly it is important to make sure the area around them is safe and uncluttered. We hear of too many avoidable incidents caused by faulty electrical equipment.
“Make sure all your kitchen appliances are fitted and maintained by a fully registered engineer, such as those provided by We Fix Now and remember to get them checked annually.”
We Fix Now also provide engineers that specialise in repairing dishwashers, fridge freezers and washing machines.
We Fix Now is a London-based company providing emergency electricians and plumbing in London and counties. Renowned for their fast and effective service, the firm also specialise in unblocking drains, fixing central heating and boilers and sorting problems with gas. With a strong focus on customer service, We Fix Now prides itself on providing fully qualified and experienced engineers day and night, every day of the year.