Perth, WA (PRWEB) February 14, 2013
Version Control is a crucial tool used for software development. Software development is often complex in nature, containing source code stored in many files. Software development is almost always executed with multiple developers working concurrently, and requires developers to be able to collaborate on changes to modules effectively.
Some challenges in the development environment are:
- Managing developers updating the same files concurrently.
- Tracking changes to software so that an audit of changes is kept, so that the history can be examined if required.
- Managing multiple development streams of work, such as a new feature while at the same time supporting the existing source code base.
These basic software development requirements are handled by most version control systems. Popular version control systems in use for Java development are CVS, SVN (Subversion) and Git.
Anahata Technologies has chosen Git as its Version Control System for a number of reasons:
- It uses a distributed repository model, which provides a number of advantages, such as offline commits and more repository safety as each repository is a full copy.
- It promotes the use of branching locally for new feature development, because the repository is very fast to access.
- It has excellent branching and merging support and auditing.
- It has very good support in the NetBeans IDE as well as third party tools such as Tortoise Git for Windows and git-cola for Linux.
About Anahata Technologies Pty Ltd
Founded in 2010, Anahata Technologies Pty Ltd is a Western Australia privately owned application development consultancy specializing in the analysis, design, implementation and support of cost-effective, custom built software applications.
Anahata’s preferred delivery approach is an iterative, customer centric software development process where business analysts visit customer premises to gather requirements, outline the current business processes and design an improved flow. Once the system requirements are complete, a continuous integration development process allows customers to test the application regularly as it is being built. Upon implementation, customer’s staff is trained on site on the usage of the new system
Anahata offers its customers a 3 month warranty and support period where users can have unlimited phone or email consultation. Customers can access an online task and issue management system to log requests for enhancements (RFEs) or report any defects encountered during the testing or production stages. Anahata seeks to be the most customers centric of all Perth software companies.
Anahata’s preferred technological choice is to deliver cross-platform solutions based on open standards and open source technology that ensure stability, compatibility, and security over a long application lifespan and reduces upfront and ongoing licensing fees.
Anahata is an Oracle Certified Partner and delivers custom software solutions based on Oracle, Java technology. As a registered MYOB developer partner, Anahata’s solutions integrate with any MYOB software package.