(PRWEB) February 14, 2013
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Wireless HD Video Technologies: WHDI, WirelessHD, and WiGig Try to Create a Market" report to their offering.
Earliest applications for wireless HD video technologies were centered around the CE cluster and were used primarily as HDMI cable replacements. Today wireless HD video technologies have evolved into the PC cluster connecting mobile PCs to DTVs. The category is comprised of three technologies and new In-Stat research tracks penetration of Wireless Home Digital Interface (WHDI), WirelessHD, and Wireless Gigabit (WiGig) through 2015.
With this report clients can:
- Determine which product segment is most likely to adopt Wireless HD
- Identify which Wireless HD technology will be the most popular through the forecast period
- Create targeted marketing plans based on specific product segments adopting specific wireless HD technologies
- Understand the market drivers and barriers to future use and adoption
Report findings include the following:
- Desktops, standard notebooks, and mini-notes (netbooks) are unlikely to adopt the technology over the length of the forecast period, primarily for reasons of cost.
- Expect to see experimentation in tablet PCs with various technologies over the next few years, but WiGig/802.11ad will be the eventual winner, because it is a Wi-Fi standard.
- The strength for wireless HD video technologies in CE is in connecting mobile devices, including smartphones, to large-screen devices in order to display HD video on the larger screen.
- Wi-Fi Display will emerge as a significant competitor to all three wireless HD video technologies.
This report provides analysis of the three technologies as well as competing technologies, and annual chip average selling price forecasts for each of the three technologies.
It also tracks the annual penetration through 2015 of all three technologies into 12 different applications within the following product segments:
- PC peripherals
- Communications (mobile phones)
- Industrial/medical applications
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cnb5v9/wireless_hd_video
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager.
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): 353-1-481-1716