“Participating in the Safe Harbor program assures our clients here in the US and in the EU that the privacy of those entering promotions hosted by Marden-Kane will adhere to established Safe Harbor protections,” said Marc Wortsman”
Garden City, NY (PRWEB) February 15, 2013
“By participating in the Safe Harbor program(s), our clients, whether here in the US or in the European Union, can rest assured that the privacy of those entering sweepstakes and skill contest promotions hosted by Marden-Kane will adhere to established Safe Harbor protections,” said Marc Wortsman, Marden-Kane EVP and Co-General Manager.
Safe Harbor certification confirms that Marden-Kane follows the seven Safe Harbor Privacy Principles:
1. Notice: Consumers entering Marden-Kane hosted promotions are notified about how we collect and use information about them and provide a means for consumers to contact Marden-Kane.
2. Choice: Entrants in Marden-Kane hosted promotions direct how any information collected about them may be used.
3. Onward Transfer (Transfers to Third Parties): When the Sponsor of a promotion hosted by Marden-Kane wants to transfer information to a 3rd Party, Marden-Kane makes sure the 3rd Party provides the same level of privacy protection as defined by Safe Harbor policies.
4. Access: Entrants in promotions hosted by Marden-Kane have access to personal information about them and they are able to correct, amend, or delete that information where it is inaccurate, except in certain cases.
5. Data Security: Marden-Kane takes reasonable precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
6. Data integrity: Personal information must be relevant for the purposes for which it is to be used. Marden-Kane counsels its clients to take reasonable steps to ensure that data is reliable for its intended use.
7. Enforcement: Marden-Kane ensures compliance with the safe harbor principles. Full Safe Harbor details are available online at http://export.gov/safeharbor/index.asp
Widely recognized for promotion marketing projects undertaken on behalf of client corporations with global reach, Paul Slovak COO and Co-General Manager of Marden-Kane commented that “...Safe Harbor certification helps pave the way for Marden-Kane to expand operations outside the United States.”
Marden-Kane, Inc. is one of the nation’s most trusted sales promotion agencies. Founded in 1957, Marden-Kane has built its reputation on innovation. In 1995 Marden-Kane began its Online Promotion Services Group; one of the first of its kind. Marden-Kane consistently ranks among the top promotion and Interactive agencies in the United States and its reputation for excellence is spreading internationally. Marden-Kane is headquartered in Garden City, New York. Please contact Marc Wortsman; 516-301-2207; marc (at) mardenkane (dot) com