With these new members, we add to the experience and expertise available through the Council to help guide our World Ready network in finding the best ways for in-house counsel and outside counsel to work together.
Houston, Texas (PRWEB) February 14, 2013
Lex Mundi is pleased to welcome three new members to its Client Advisory Council. This distinguished group of senior in-house counsel from some of the world’s leading companies provides advice and guidance that enhance the ability of Lex Mundi member firms to serve their clients better and to meet the needs of in-house counsel.
The new members of the Lex Mundi Client Advisory Council are
- Gianpaolo Accossato, General Counsel, Magneti Marelli S.p.A.;
- Javier Illescas, Director of Legal Services for Business Operations, Banco Santander, S.A.; and
- Larry Thompson, Executive Vice President of Government Affairs, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, PepsiCo.
These new members join an outstanding group of existing Client Advisory Council members:
- Frauke Ahnefeld, Vice President Corporate Legal Services, Robert Bosch GmbH;
- Stanton Dodge, Executive Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary, DISH Network;
- Philippe Legrez, General Counsel, Michelin;
- Alberto Mora, Vice President, Secretary & General Counsel, Mars, Inc.;
- Kenneth Thompson, General Counsel, IP, Privacy and Governance, Reed Elsevier;
- Richard Thurston, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Corporation;
- Debra Valentine, Group Executive Legal and External Affairs, Rio Tinto; and
- Christa Wessel, Chief Legal Officer, McCain Foods Limited.
Carl Anduri, President of Lex Mundi, comments, "Our Client Advisory Council is an extremely valuable resource for Lex Mundi and its member firms. With these new members, we add to the experience and expertise available through the Council to help guide our World Ready network in finding the best ways for in-house counsel and outside counsel to work together."
The new Client Advisory Council members are replacing outgoing members whose terms expired in 2012. The outgoing Client Advisory Council members are
- John Davidson, General Counsel and Group Secretary, SABMiller plc; and
- Ernst Wessel, Chief Transformation Officer Europe, Middle East, Africa, Office Depot.
Complete information on the members and activities of Lex Mundi’s Client Advisory Council can be found on the Lex Mundi web site at: http://www.lexmundi.com/lexmundi/Client_Advisory_Council.asp.
Lex Mundi is the world’s leading network of independent law firms with in-depth experience in 100+ countries. Lex Mundi member firms offer clients preferred access to more than 21,000 lawyers worldwide – a global resource of unmatched breadth and depth. Each member firm is selected on the basis of its leadership in – and continued commitment to – its local market. The Lex Mundi principle is one independent firm for each jurisdiction. Firms must maintain their level of excellence to retain membership within Lex Mundi.
Through close collaboration, information-sharing, training and inter-firm initiatives, the Lex Mundi network is an assurance of connected, on-the ground expertise in every market in which a client needs to operate. Working together, Lex Mundi members are able to seamlessly handle their clients’ most challenging cross-border transactions and disputes.
Member law firms are located throughout Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean and North America. Through our nonprofit affiliate, the Lex Mundi Pro Bono Foundation, members also provide pro bono legal assistance to social entrepreneurs around the globe.