Though the floor’s colour and grain will be one of the main deciding factors, there’s much more to think about
(PRWEB UK) 15 February 2013
Green Apple Flooring is a company dedicated to educating its customers about the steps involved in choosing (and eventually installing) wood floor coverings. Though the team operates its own comprehensive online Advice Centre, several representatives from the company have put together a list of the steps involved in finding the right wood flooring for any home.
1. Homeowners need to choose a budget – and stick to it. It may sound simple, says Green Apple’s Director of Sales, but customers need to work out exactly how much money they can feasibly set aside for their wood flooring. Buyers are encouraged to carry out a great deal of research before settling on a decision and need to take into consideration all the extra factors involved in laying a floor. If necessary, they will need to find out how much it will cost to install an underlay, and it would also be wise to ask around to discover how much a local professional floor installer will charge to get the job done.
2. Buyers must look at the pros and cons of different types of wood flooring, states the company’s Warehouse Manager. Though the floor’s colour and grain will be one of the main deciding factors, there’s much more to think about. Solid wood floors offer a natural, authentic-looking surface, but engineered boards can actually offer the same stunning finish complete with extra durability. Customers need to consider how the floor is going to behave once it’s been installed, too, as real wood flooring in particular has a tendency to expand and contract depending on its environment.
3. The customer’s lifestyle and living environment will determine the right type of flooring for their property. For example, if the home regularly succumbs to heavy and frequent foot traffic, the customer needs to rest assured that the floor’s finish will remain scratch- and scuff-free with minimum maintenance and cleaning.
4. Regardless of whether the customer is looking to move home in the next few years or remain there indefinitely, thinking of the flooring as an investment for the property is vital. If well looked after, wood flooring can greatly increase the value of the customer’s home and beautiful timber interiors are a real selling point for new buyers.
5. It’s crucial that customers talk to the professionals about the options. Green Apple’s Managing Director is always surprised by how many people try to make such an important decision without speaking to the experts first. Taking advantage of all the knowledge, experience and resources that can come from a conversation with a flooring specialist, he says, will leave homeowners with a better idea of what they’re looking for and will eventually leave them feeling more confident about their purchase.
Green Apple Flooring supplies an extensive range of solid, engineered and laminate flooring to the UK. The company is proud to stock flooring and maintenance products from some of the best-known flooring brands in Europe, including Quickstep and Elka, at extremely competitive prices. Visit the company's website for more information or call 0800 002 9525 to speak to a member of staff directly.