London, UK (PRWEB) February 19, 2013
On Wednesday 20th February Precksha Saksena-Sood, managing director of Telematics Update will lead a panel on GNSS in Bangalore at a focused workshop for companies looking to work in the GNSS space in India (held at The Oberoi, Bangalore, India). As Telematics Update’s mission is to serve the burgeoning mobile, CE and digital industries as they converge with the automotive industry, the GNSS workshop offers an ideal opportunity for Telematics Update to share their panoramic view of the market. The session, entitled ‘GNSS applications Economy Drivers’ will analyse in detail the factors that will move GNSS forwards in India. Expert participants include Mr. Dhyan Appachu, CTO and Director International Operations - SECON Pvt Ltd, Dr. Jaganath Rao, University of Agriculture Science, Bangalore, Dr. Jaykumar, Chief Technology Officer, Epigon and Mr. Sitaraman, Director ASL Advanced System.
Precksha Saksena-Sood has commented on her keen interest in the GNSS space in India: “There’s now a widespread consensus that India is proving to be an increasingly important economy for GNSS applications. The panel will shed light on this specific technology and the economic drivers that will support the uptake of future GNSS use cases.”
Automotive Telematics in India, at the Top of Telematics Update’s Agenda
Telematics Update will also be hosting their first ever gathering of senior automotive and telematics executives in India. The Telematics India and South Asia 2013 Conference has been created to specifically answer the crucial tech, imminent deployment and business strategy questions set to unlock the value of telematics innovation in the Indian and South Asian market. High quality, seamless and personalized end-to-end connected vehicle and commercial mass market deployment are at the top of the agenda.
The following topics will be discussed by a host of expert speakers including Volvo, Tata Motors, Ford, Honda Bosch and Mahindra Satyam:
- Commercial Vehicle Telematics Takes Centre Stage: Examine automotive OEM investment in the fleet space with an emphasis on RVD (remote vehicle diagnostics), driver profiling and tracking services to reduce fleet operators’ costs
- Telematics in India - An OEM Perspective: As open source platforms come to the forefront of telematics, examine the evolving relationship between OEMs, service providers and local partners to create a mutually beneficial telematics partnership paradigm
- Ride the Connected Navigation Wave: Discuss how the latest solutions, including navigation and LBS solutions from mapping providers, will allow the industry to improve concerns over positional accuracy and data quality to win over local customers
- Keeping India Safe with SVR (Stolen Vehicle Recovery) and Cargo Security: Understand how SVR solutions are being used to track taxis, school buses and other commercial fleets to safeguard both drivers and passengers against theft and route changes
- Reinvent Global Telematics Solutions for a Local Customer Base: Design an integrated and cost-effective services bundle to provide comprehensive features such as navigation, music, safety and emergency apps all in one bundle and at the right price-points
- Infotainment Goes Mainstream in India: Determine which services will be most popular and can be further customised to suit the subcontinent, such as points of interest, digital radio and regionalised social media & streaming services
The full agenda and speaker line-up is available to download for free via the Telematics India & South Asia Conference website: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/india-south-asia/index.php
The latest global automotive telematics news and analysis can be accessed via the Telematics Update website. Subscription to their complimentary newsletter is also available: http://www.telematicsupdate.com
This week’s articles can be found on the website as well as dates for their upcoming conferences and reports: http://www.telematicsupdate.com.
Telematics Update: The Unparalleled Intelligence and Networking Platform that Unites the Telematics Industry
Telematics Update offers unique and incisive news and analysis for the automotive telematics space. Our business know-how includes areas such as Insurance Telematics, Safety, Infotainment, In-Car Content, Navigation, LBS, Fleet Management and Telematics for EVs. Our newsletter, reports and global B2B conferences unite thought-leaders from across the automotive, consumer electronics, mobile, wireless, digital and web industries to drive innovation, build relationships and bring vehicle connectivity to the masses.