London, UK (PRWEB) February 19, 2013
In 2009, the packaged food market in the UK was worth nearly USD 94 billion. Chilled processed food represents the largest market segment. Supermarkets and hypermarkets are the main distribution channels of the packaged food in the country. Private label brands tend to dominate in almost every market sector. They deepen footprint in the industry from year to year. Yogurt segment is one of the most promising and fast growing. Cardbury, PepsiCo Inc., Dairy Crest, Artisanal, Uniliver Group, Kellogg Co., Heinz Co., Mars Inc., Warburtons Ltd., Kraft Foods and United Biscuits are amid the entrenched participants of the packaged food market in the UK.
In 2013, the UK packaged food market sales are likely to climb to almost USD 107 billion. Furthermore, the UK packaged food market is forecast to experience a marginal growth through 2014.
New research report “Packaged Food in the United Kingdom” elaborated by Euromonitor International Ltd has been recently published by Market Publishers Ltd.
Title: Packaged Food in the United Kingdom
Published: February, 2013
Price: US$ 6,500.00
The report offers an insightful overview of the packaged food market in the UK. It describes the current state and historic development of the market; traces the prevailing market trends. The study discloses data on the market size, recent retail sales, product developments, distribution and pricing issues; provides strategic analysis of the key factors shaping the market. The report includes detailed review of various market segments. The research identifies the leading companies and brands and presents a brief overview of the consumption trends and the comprehensive assessment of the competitive environment. In addition, future forecast for the packaged food market in the UK up to 2017 is at hand in the study.
Products covered in the report: baby food, bakery, canned/preserved food, chilled processed food, confectionery, dairy, dried processed food, frozen processed food, ice cream, impulse and indulgence products, meal replacement, meal solutions, noodles, nutrition/staples, oils and fats, pasta, ready meals, sauces, dressings and condiments, snack bars, soup, spreads, sweet and savoury snacks.
Reasons to Buy:
- The report extends knowledge of the packaged food market in the UK by providing a detailed picture of the market, including the description of the current state and the historic development of the market.
- In-depth analysis of the major factors driving the market and thorough examination of the certain segments allow to determine the most promising market sectors and to plan successful business expansion or investment strategies.
- Extensive review of the competitive landscape helps to understand who stands where on the packaged food market in the UK, and to pinpoint the leading market players and brands.
- Essential information on the pricing and distribution issues, retail sales and product developments assists in planning of effective business strategies and in strengthening of the decision making process.
- Five-year forecast shows how the market is set to develop in the near future.
More new research reports by the publisher can be found at Euromonitor International page