Edison, NJ (PRWEB) February 28, 2013
Cryopak, leader temperature controlled package design and manufacturing, was represented at this year’s IQPC Cold Chain & Temperature Management Summit February 25-28, 2013 in downtown Toronto. During this year’s summit, Anthony Alleva, Cryopak’s Associate Technical Director, led a workshop titled, Cold Chain Packaging Design – A 360 Degree Review on how Organizational Requirements can Affect Cold Chain Packaging Design, Performance and Cost
The workshop focused on cold chain packaging design and how the application requirements impact the final design. The workshop was intended to promote interaction between the audience and the presenters through hands on design demonstrations. Alleva discussed and reviewed issues and concerns presented to packaging provider design teams from the perspectives of quality assurance, warehousing, distribution, engineering and purchasing.
What attendees learned:
- The main application requirements that impact package design, performance, and cost
- A better perspective on issues and concerns of other organizational disciplines
- Understanding of which tradeoffs to consider in deciding the best design for the application
How attendees benefited:
- Take advantage of other departments knowledge and information in cold chain packaging design
- How to effectively utilize information (internal company knowledge) from the other sectors i.e. QA, purchasing, distribution warehousing etc. using real examples regarding what can be done with information and data provided by other sectors and how it affects packaging designs an performances
- Cost benefits associated with superior collaboration between groups.
Cryopak, a division of the TCP Family of companies, engineers cold chain shipping solutions and supplies thermal packaging products that help our customers safely transport their temperature sensitive products. The materials and manufacturing processes cover a full spectrum of products from insulated shippers to manufacturing phase change material, gel packs and temperature monitors. The TCP Family handles your packaging projects with the paramount goal of helping you get your product to market faster while maintaining the integrity of your products.