We Fix Now Offer Carbon Monoxide Safety Advice for Students

Share Article

Following news that a number of students at an American university were left hospitalised after a carbon monoxide leak, the emergency repair specialists at We Fix Now have issued safety warnings for those in rented accommodation.

News Image
Don’t be afraid to enquire with you university or landlord about who maintains your appliances

It was reported in the Wall Street Journal that an equipment malfunction near the boiler room was responsible for the build-up of the deadly gas at the University at Buffalo. Students were evacuated after campus police were alerted to the situation, following phone calls from people suffering nausea and headaches. Firefighters shut off the faulty boiler and ventilated the building immerdiately.

Providing plumbers in East Ham, We Fix Now also offers a number of Gas Safe Registered engineers who are available to install, fix and check boilers and gas appliances. Naturally they were concerned by the news and have issued the following statement:

“Those living in rented accommodation, particularly students, should still be aware of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning. Don’t be afraid to enquire with you university or landlord about who maintains your appliances and ensure that these are checked at least once a year.

“It is also important to be vigilant for symptoms such as headaches, nausea and dizziness. If your other housemates are suffering from similar symptoms- or even pets- than this should signal a warning. If you are concerned, turn appliances off, open windows and make sure everyone leaves the property immediately.”

We Fix Now is a London-based company providing emergency electricians and plumbing in London and counties. Renowned for their fast and effective service, the firm also specialise in unblocking drains, fixing central heating and boilers and sorting problems with gas. With a strong focus on customer service, We Fix Now prides itself on providing fully qualified and experienced engineers day and night, every day of the year.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Lucy Jones
We Fix Now
020 85554 2003
Email >
Visit website