It's not just data for data's sake, but the right use of big data that matters,” says Derrick Harris, senior writer for GigaOM and chair of Structure:Data 2013. “Big data touches nearly every industry and is quickly becoming the backbone of innovation.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) February 20, 2013
GigaOM, a global technology media company, has announced the complete agenda and speaker lineup for its third annual Structure:Data conference, being held March 20-21 in New York City. At Structure:Data, more than 60 of the industry’s most innovative leaders will reveal how they are making the most of the data revolution.
Topics to be covered include:
- How companies are planning for the future
- Using human intelligence to improve and scale machine learning
- Building data-as-a-platform
- The looming data-scientist shortage
- Improving management and infrastructure
- Future of Hadoop
- Top trends in data technology
“It's not just data for data's sake, but the right use of big data that matters,” says Derrick Harris, senior writer for GigaOM and chair of Structure:Data 2013. “Big data touches nearly every industry and is quickly becoming the backbone of innovation.”
More than 60 speakers will take the stage to discuss how they are turning data into insightful, useful products and services, including:
- Paul Maritz, chief strategist, EMC
- David Gutelius, chief social scientist, Jive Software
- Phil Francisco, vice president, Big Data Product Management, IBM
- Ira “Gus” Hunt, CTO, Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
- Heather Marquez, manager, Asset Strategy and Optimization, Facebook
- Matt Wood, principal data scientist, Amazon Web Services
- Ann Neidenbach, senior vice president, NASDAQ OMX
- Silvius Rus, director, big data platforms, Quantcast
- Amaya Souarez, director, Datacenter Services, Microsoft
- Karim Lakhani, associate professor, Harvard Business School
- Bhaskar Ghosh, senior director of engineering, data infrastructure, LinkedIn
- Jennifer Lin, product management lead, Juniper Networks
All attendees will receive a complimentary GigaOM Research Sector RoadMap™ report that examines disruptive trends shaking up the the business intelligence and data visualization field and the emerging and existing players set to dominate the space.
Some of the most influential companies in data have already lined up to sponsor Structure:Data, and sponsorships are expected to sell out. Contact Mike Sly at eventsales(at)gigaom(dot)com or (415) 235-0358 to learn more about sponsorship and exhibition opportunities.
Founded in 2006, GigaOM is the leading global source of analysis on emerging technologies. Our news, research and events provide deep insight on the companies, people and trends disrupting technology and media.