Our customers trust their partners to deliver solutions with proven processes and controls. This certification is an important milestone for Base2 and demonstrates our shared commitment to quality.
-Ron Hopkins, President of Base2.
BELLEVUE, WA (PRWEB) February 22, 2013
Base2 Solutions, a creative technology and engineering services consultancy, announces its AS9100 Rev C Certification.
AS9100 Certification is a prestigious certification requiring companies to demonstrate capability to meet the demanding, complex and unique requirements of the defense and commercial aerospace industry. AS9100 Certification comprises more than 100 additional requirements over ISO 9001:2008 and is specific to the aerospace industry.
The AS9100 standard is designed to meet the stringent, complex and unique demands of the defense and commercial aerospace industry. This certification is the result of Base2 passing both strict audit requirements as well as rigorous evaluations of its manufacturing and design engineering processes to achieve a standard of quality required in the aerospace industry.
In addition to AS9100 certification, Base2’s quality standards conform to the AS9115 supplement. This supplement contains quality management system requirements for organizations that design, develop and/or produce deliverable software for the aviation, space and defense industry.
"Our customers trust their partners to deliver solutions with proven processes and controls. This certification is an important milestone for Base2 and demonstrates our shared commitment to quality,” said Ron Hopkins, President of Base2.
“It was really an honor to be part of the team involved in our certification. The AS9115 and AS9100 standards require a dedicated effort to quality and continuous improvement,” said Jake Jensen, Director of Quality at Base2. “Our team members' commitment to customer satisfaction made both the internal and external audits successful.”
About Base2 Solutions: Base2 is a creative technology and engineering services consultancy with headquarters in Bellevue, WA and additional offices in Brea, CA. Base2 serves enterprise to mid-market customers nationwide with engineering, program management and digital consulting services that provide strategic business solutions. Base2 is a wholly owned subsidiary of Zodiac Aerospace. For more information, go to http://www.base2s.com.
About AS9100: AS9100 is the quality management standard specifically written for the aerospace and defense industries. It had long been considered by some entities, such as the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), that the ISO 9000 series of standards were inadequate in terms of ensuring quality and safety in the “high risk” aerospace industry. ISO 9001:2008 makes up 70% of AS9100 Rev. C. Additional requirements specific to the aerospace and defense industry make up the remaining 30%. AS9100 Rev C (2009) is the current version. It is published by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), and was developed by the International Aerospace Quality Group. To learn more, go to http://www.sae.org