Industry surveys show that the amount of email sent by retailers in 2012 jumped by at least 19 percent, and with good reason,” -- Arthur Sweetser, CMO of 89 Degrees
Burlington, MA (PRWEB) February 25, 2013
89 Degrees, a customer engagement agency that leverages data and analytically driven strategy for maximum ROI, has launched a new service, ECHO, an email capabilities & health optimization plan that maximizes email investments for increased impact and ROI.
“Industry surveys show that the amount of email sent by retailers in 2012 jumped by at least 19 percent, and with good reason,” said Arthur Sweetser, CMO of 89 Degrees and recent speaker at the Email Evolution Conference. “Email is evolving and remains highly profitable; the evidence keeps mounting and businesses know it is a smart bet for their budgets.”
89 Degrees also hears from many marketers that are convinced of emails’ value, but still don’t know if they are making the most of their investment. Or they may not be achieving the growth numbers on which they were counting.
“When businesses are allocating a sizable portion of their marketing budget to email marketing, they want to be sure they are spending smart,” continued Sweetser. “That’s why we introduced ECHO – to help marketers reach and exceed their goals, increasing their success with each following campaign.”
ECHO – The Three Stages of Email Capabilities & Health Optimization
89 Degrees will review current campaign performance metrics, list health, creative, business rules, and segmentation related to marketers’ email programs. Their SWOT deliverable includes benchmarked performance metrics, implications, and opportunities for near term and long term email program enhancements.
2. Infrastructure Audit: Are the people, processes, and technology in place to deliver, grow, and optimize email marketing?
Marketers need to know if they are driving more efficient revenue through their email program each year. 89 Degrees will review business’ current technology infrastructure, software tools, and processes to identify what works and what might need improvement or optimization. They will especially address these key areas:
- Data and website hosting, latest advances in cloud computing, and SaaS
- Data privacy and security and adherence to best practices
- Integration points with 3rd parties (data exchange, APIs, web services)
- Software tools, balance between ROI, and staying cutting edge
- Email design and layout, adherence to best practices, responsive layout, and email rendering on mobile devices
- Seamless integration between your emails and landing websites
- Choice of development technologies, open standards, project maintainability and portability
3. Follow a Comprehensive Roadmap for High Value, High Performing Email Marketing 89 Degree’s PACE Assessment (http://89degrees.com/Pace) will guide:
- Optimum process and organizational structure for email marketing
- Database enhancement requirements
- Segmentation business rules
- New reporting and measurement requirements
- Email template and content management requirements for dynamic messaging
- Email marketing calendar/ promotion including contact frequency/ cadence policy
- ESP evaluation
- Resourcing requirements – internal and external
- Implementation sequencing and timing of recommendations
Contact Arthur Sweetser, 89 Degrees CMO, at sweetsera(at)89degrees(dot)com to find out how ECHO can increase your email marketing ROI.
About 89 Degrees
89 Degrees is an agency that specializes in customer engagement strategy and execution. Our results-oriented services combine database expertise, marketing analytics, technology integration, and creative as a means to connect consumers and brands for maximum engagement and ROI. 89 Degrees enables multi-channel success across a number of key verticals for clients including IKEA, Hyundai, World Vision, Genzyme/Sanofi and Uno Chicago Grill.