Inverter Market Trends for 2013 - 2020 and Major Technology Changes
(PRWEB) February 22, 2013
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Inverter Market Trends for 2013 - 2020 and Major Technology Changes" report to their offering.
Inverter market is exploding, and expects to reach $75 billion in 2020.
There is Significant Growth in the Inverter Market, which Reached $45 Billion in 2012 for Motion and Conversion
Energy related topics have become more and more important in 2012
- Vehicle electrification, renewable energies, electricity transportation
- As a direct result, the power electronics market has increased
This growth is driven by:
- High volume and cost pressure applications such as EV/HEV
- High added-value markets like renewable energies and rail traction
In this report, we update and present market forecasts until 2020. We estimate the inverter market to be $45 billion in 2012 and to reach $71 billion by 2020. A total of more than 28 million units were shipped in 2012 and we estimate that will grow to 80 million units in 2020.
Thus, the main components of inverter, passive and semiconductor modules (that we will find in power stacks) represent enticing industries. The power module market was $1.9 billion in 2012 and passive components achieved a market size of more than $4 billion, including capacitors, resistors, connectors, bus bars and - newly added in this updated report - magnetic components (inductors and transformers).
As expected, wide band gap semiconductor devices have also started to penetrate those high-end market segments: SiC is present in PV inverters – a total market size of $43 million primarily driven by diodes in micro-inverters, but also by JFETs – and GaN which should be introduced in 2013.
KEY FEATURE OF THE REPORT
The inverter market, including passive components and semiconductor devices, is growing.
- Technoloy trends for power electronics
- Market forecasts until 2020
- Supply chain analysis and regional players strategies
- Comprehensive understanding of dynamics for passive components and semiconductor devices
WHAT'S NEW COMPARED TO LAST EDITION
- Focus on the six most attractive applications for power electronics: PV, wind turbines, EV/HEV, rail traction, motor drives and UPS
- New analysis on power stack trend
OBJECTIVES OF THE REPORT
- Assess the market for inverters and its components
- Understand the market dynamics for the related power electronics applications
- Identify the key technologies and technical trends for tomorrow's high added-value systems
- Have a clear overview of competitive landscape and regional tendencies
- Aid in formulating vertical integration and diversification strategy
- Keep pace with the quickly evolving power electronics market
- Technological briefing
- Oriented analysis
- PV inverter
- Power packaging
- Wind turbines
- Rail traction
- Supply chain
- Industrial motor drives
Analysis and global market forecasts
- Compiled market forecasts
- Power modules (split by application and technology)
- Market drivers & application specificities
- Inverter architecture trends
- Technical trends
- Price density
- Power density
- Power Stacks
- Implementation of SiC and GaN materials in power electronics
- Passive components, packaging and connectivity evolution
- Supply chain
- Global perspectives
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kzt3qr/inverter_market
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager.
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716