IAB Annual Leadership Forum, Phoenix, AZ (PRWEB) February 25, 2013
Jivox, provider of the leading multi-screen interactive advertising platform, today announced four of its innovative ad concepts were selected for Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) Digital Video Rising Stars in two out of five categories, including submissions with CBS Interactive. The two winning category submissions are:
· IAB Full Screen Digital Video Rising Star: CBS Interactive and Jivox joint submissions for “Sliding Full Screen,” and “Adaptive Storyline.” In addition to Jivox’s individual “Branded Canvas” ad format submission
· IAB Ad Control Bar Digital Video Rising Star: Jivox “Ad Control Bar” submission
In recognition of its winning entries, Jivox has also been invited to join fellow digital video innovators in two IAB Digital Video Rising Stars Working Groups to define, build, and implement the IAB Full Screen Digital Video Rising Star and IAB Ad Control Bar Rising Star.
“The complexity of creating truly interactive video ads at scale has limited the adoption of more engaging video ad units” said Peter Minnium, head of brand initiatives, IAB. “Jivox has built a platform to address this challenge and the company’s winning ad formats are proof that you can combine art with science. We applaud their efforts and look forward to working with them to complete the first-ever standards in digital video.”
The Agency Working Group evaluated over six dozen entries to arrive at the five creative ad product concepts that will become the IAB’s first-ever Digital Video ad format standards. Criteria evaluated included; user experience, branding, functionality, integration and adoption. Jivox rated high in all categories and was selected based on its ability to propel brand creativity of interactive video ads at scale.
"Being recognized by the IAB is a tremendous honor and validates what we have been hearing from our clients —that our platform enables the perfect combination of creativity, automation and scale,” said Diaz Nesamoney, founder & CEO of Jivox. “Our interactive ad technology platform enables agencies to focus on the creativity of digital video for richer two-way interaction, without worrying about the technologies complexities of how to produce, deliver these engaging ad formats across screens.”
The Jivox interactive ad technology platform enables dynamic content in all formats, across multiple screens with faster turnaround times and deeper integrated analytics. The unique ad formats, with built-in analytics, are designed to help brands build a closer connection to consumers and heighten user engagement and enjoyment of ads.
Jivox Winning IAB Digital Video Rising Stars Ad Formats:
1. IAB “Full Screen” category:
“Sliding Full Screen” and “Adaptive Storyline” joint CBS Interactive and Jivox entries, along with Jivox “Branded Canvas” entry scored among the top in the “Full Screen” category and key aspects of these winning formats will be incorporated into the IAB Full Screen Digital Video Rising Star.
· Sliding Full Screen (Jivox submission with CBS Interactive): An in-stream video ad unit that expands to a full-screen experience after user interaction, allowing for 100 percent screen ownership and complete viewer attention.
o Live ad demo of Sliding Full Screen
· Adaptive Storyline (Jivox submission with CBS Interactive): This in-stream video ad unit presents users with multiple scenarios they can follow in order to tell a story. As the user interacts with the video ad, each choice results in a new canvas for interaction presenting a lean-forward ad experience.
o Live ad demo of Advanced Adaptive Storyline
· Branded Canvas: The in-stream video ad unit prompts the user to engage via a “bug” overlaid on the main video ad. Once the user chooses to engage, they are transported to a rich branded canvas with a wide variety of interactive features, including additional videos, games, animations, store locators, maps, etc.
o Live ad demo of Branded Canvas
2. IAB “Ad Control Bar” category
Key aspects of the Jivox Ad Control Bar will be incorporated into the IAB Ad Control Bar Rising Star.
· Ad Control Bar: An in-stream video ad unit that prompts the user to engage via a control bar that is extended from the video player control bar and appears as an overlay on the main in-stream video ad. The control bar has a series of clickable buttons each of which opens up an overlay that provides additional information e.g. A map/store locator, product image gallery, additional video, downloads, etc. The Ad Control Bar can be dismissed with a close button and reinstated with an arrow icon that pops out, reminding the user of its presence.
o Live ad demo of Video Control Bar
Jivox was also recognized in 2012 as a winner of the IAB Mobile Rising Stars.
Jivox is the leading multi-screen interactive advertising technology company. The Jivox Interactive Ad Platform enables digital agencies and publishers to produce and deliver highly engaging ads featuring video, rich media, dynamic content, customizable widgets and social sharing. Using Jivox, interactive ads can be easily authored and served in-stream, in-banner and on smartphones and tablet devices. Jivox technology eliminates the time consuming and expensive process of traditional code-based approaches and the challenges associated with delivering interactive ads across multiple screens and connected devices. Jivox also provides sophisticated campaign performance tracking, demographic analytics and purchase intent analytics via BrandGage — its proprietary real-time analytics platform. Several hundred media companies and agencies use Jivox, including College Humor, Federated Media, FUOR Digital, Havas, Interactive One, Martha Stewart, Martini Media, Mojiva, Sun Times Media, Universal McCann and Videology. For examples of Jivox ads see: http://www.jivox.com/demoads.