Perth, WA (PRWEB) February 28, 2013
Anahata Technologies believes that an essential component of software development is a quality targeted process that has a number of features. As indicated by co-director and technical lead Robert Nagajek:
- Strong design features focusing on smaller, cohesive classes that are loosely coupled.
- A quality development process focusing on developing small classes that are unit testable, following general coding and design principles, and are well document and easy to understand and maintain.
- A design review process focusing on company design standards, such as a more domain driven approach, highly cohesive classes that are loosely coupled, and reviewing that all requirements have been met.
- A code inspection process where company development standards are reviewed in pairs.
- A code review process that reviews developed code against the design.
The code inspection and review processes provide a number of advantages when performed in pairs:
- Both parties attain a higher level of understanding of the code, including the author who may find more insights while explaining the code and decisions that have been made.
- It fosters a mentoring environment, where more experienced (or differently experienced) developers can get non-critical, positive feedback that helps both parties learn as they work together.
- It enables a growth environment where review and feedback are seen as a positive activity, which improves teamwork.