Be sure to check yours has a British Standards’ Kitemark or another European approval organisation’s mark on it
(PRWEB UK) 26 February 2013
It has been reported in The Telegraph that the carbon monoxide poisoning that killed the elderly couple and their daughter is likely to have been caused by a faulty heater. Fire fighters found the three bodies as well as the family Jack Russell shortly after 1pm on Saturday 23rd after the couples’ helper was unable to contact them. Neighbours have suggested they did not have a carbon monoxide detector in their home.
Providing plumbers in Harrow, We Fix Now also offers fully registered engineers around the clock. Installing and maintaining gas and electrical appliances, the team regularly campaigns for awareness of gas safety. Naturally this latest story has prompted the specialists to issue further warnings.
“Unfortunately this tragedy could have been avoided. We are much more vulnerable to carbon monoxide poisoning whilst we are asleep, as the symptoms may kill us before we wake up. This makes it imperative to keep an audible alarm in the house. These are easy to install and can be found at your local supermarket or DIY store. Be sure to check yours has a British Standards’ Kitemark or another European approval organisation’s mark on it.
“However, this is still no substitute for ensuring all heaters and gas appliances in the home are installed and maintained by a Gas Safe registered engineer, such as those provided by We Fix Now. It could save your life.”
We Fix Now is a London-based company providing emergency electricians and plumbing in London and counties. Renowned for their fast and effective service, the firm also specialise in unblocking drains, fixing central heating and boilers and sorting problems with gas. With a strong focus on customer service, We Fix Now prides itself on providing fully qualified and experienced engineers day and night, every day of the year.