Customers these days are too savvy to settle for this complacency. They need simplicity and convenience to help balance their hectic lives.
McLean, VA (PRWEB) February 27, 2013
FrontPoint Security, a nationwide leader in wireless home security systems and recognized industry innovator, has, since its inception in 2007, shown an uncanny ability to leverage technology to deliver greater reliability, functionality and customer satisfaction. FrontPoint Co-Founder and Senior Advisor Peter Rogers is a sought-after thought-leader in the home alarm industry, and is uniquely equipped to evaluate the industry’s direction – its new players, new technologies and new potential. As 2013 gets underway, Peter Rogers shares his top five predictions for what we can expect this year in home security.
1. The Year of Cellular Monitoring. Although cellular monitoring has been in existence for years, until recently, most alarm system providers continued to use the landline phone or internet cable as the primary connection to the central monitoring station, with cellular in place only as a backup. Now, as the industry has recognized the superior safety benefits of cellular monitoring, cellular will become the de facto standard for reliable monitored home security.
2. Industry Leaders Will Offer Interactive Services. Today an alarm system can do much more than intrusion detection. New interactive features, which offer greater peace of mind, as well as convenience, are spurring increased demand in the market place. These new services include features like remote control and customization, advanced mobile apps, text and email notifications and even video surveillance. As of 2013, alarm companies who don’t offer interactive systems now risk becoming irrelevant.
3. Home Automation Gains Traction. Like interactive services, home automation is an advanced feature fueling growth in alarm system sales. Utilizing new technologies like Z-Wave and Zigbee, security companies can now integrate functions such as household lighting, appliances, locks and thermostats into the alarm system’s control unit. Users can control both the alarm system and these household components from their smartphone or any online device. A couple of the most forward-thinking alarm companies are making these features surprisingly affordable for an eager public.
4. More Advertising from New Entrants. The alarm industry has proven to be a magnet for cable and telco companies, as many major players in this field – Comcast, Cox, Time Warner, Verizon, AT&T – have announced or launched their own offering. Mr. Rogers predicts we’ll see extensive advertising campaigns from these players, as they attempt to stimulate their stagnant top-line revenues and stem their high cancellation rates. Can these “newbies” deliver in an unfamiliar marketplace? Considering their reputation for poor customer service, they may have a tough road ahead.
5. Homeowners will Choose Simplicity. As the DIY (Do It Yourself) approach gains popularity in many facets of American life, Rogers predicts a growing demand for simpler wireless alarm systems that customers can buy online and set up themselves. The best of these systems arrive fully preprogrammed, so setup is quick and easy, requiring no tools. Since wireless equipment is more flexible and portable, users can expand their wireless home security systems at any time, and even move them to a new home. Tiring of inconvenient and time-consuming technicians’ visits, and wishing to avoid strangers in their homes, consumers now choose DIY in record numbers. This year, several more home security providers will introduce a DIY option.
“For years the security industry was complacent; happy to do things the way they’d been done for decades,” said Peter Rogers. “Customers these days are too savvy to settle for this complacency. They need simplicity and convenience to help balance their hectic lives. And, understanding the capabilities of modern technology, they demand more advanced functionality from their products. At FrontPoint, we’re proud to have recognized that need early, seizing the opportunity to deliver a smarter alarm system, with the safety, reliability and simplicity that better meets customers’ needs.”
About FrontPoint Security
FrontPoint Security is the leading nationwide provider of interactive wireless home security systems. FrontPoint combines next generation technology with remarkable simplicity and commitment to service, resulting in a safer and unique customer experience. With customers in all fifty states and Canada, FrontPoint Security is one of the fastest growing alarm companies in North America. FrontPoint is a GE Security Authorized Dealer and Alarm.com’s Preferred Dealer for no-hassle security solutions. For more information, please visit http://www.FrontPointSecurity.com or call 866.296.3945.
Media contact: Cassandra Dobkins, media(at)fpssi(dot)com.