DonorDrive has chosen a select group of fundraising conferences that are rated as the most important for causes to attend this year.
Cincinnati, OH (PRWEB) February 27, 2013
2013 is shaping up to be a really important year for the future of many causes. 2012 was down for some and a flat year for many. At the same time, the need for services that nonprofits provide and the costs for providing them both increased. In order to remain effective, causes are looking for new ideas and examples of how other nonprofits are succeeding with their fundraising in tough times.
Fortunately, there are some great conferences this year that offer many learnings on relevant topics and provide networking opportunities for nonprofit staff to connect with peers who are willing to share their experiences and expertise. DonorDrive has chosen a select group of conferences that are rated as the most important for causes to attend this year. DonorDrive sponsors, appears, and presents at these.
- The season kicks of with the Social Media for Nonprofits series in New York City on March 7th. Each conference in this innovative series is a day-long learning experience with rapid-fire sessions by representatives from major social media channels, experts on giving and leaders from some of the most innovative causes. Todd Levy of DonorDrive presented in this series last year. In addition to the NYC conference, DonorDrive will also be at the Boston conference on May 20th and the Washington, DC conference on July 15th.
- Run Walk Ride happens in Atlanta March 13th and 14th. This is North America's premier conference for 'thons, the fastest-growing segment in fundraising. The conference itself grows substantially each year, with 2013 expected to break records again. Numerous big players in the space (including Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and Team ASPCA will be presenting. Todd Levy of DonorDrive will speak at the luncheon.
- The AFP (Association of Fundraising Professionals) celebrates their 50th anniversary this year at their conference in San Diego from April 7th through 9th. This is the fundraising mega-conference with an eclectic mix of sessions that run the fundraising spectrum. This year's speakers include motivational author Marcus Buckingham, singer John Legend, Bert Jacobs of "Life is Good", John Clese of Avectra and Managing Partner of DonorDrive Paul Ghiz. This conference provides the opportunity to network with thousands from every major North American cause.
- NTEN (Nonprofit Technology Network) holds their annual conference in Minneapolis from April 11th through 13th. Speakers include Dan Pallotta and Beth Kanter. The dozens of breakout sessions target the latest technology for causes and give best practices to put that innovation to use. This is a great conference for those interested in the top online fundraising tools.
- Fundraising Day in New York is June 7th. New York is the hub for so many causes that this has grown into the premier East Coast fundraising conference. Over three dozen broad-ranging sessions make for a very full day here. Speakers from UNICEF, Big Brothers and Big Sisters, American Cancer Society, Michael J. Fox Foundation, and National Wildlife Federation will be joined by industry experts like Beth Kanter and staff from Chronicle of Philanthropy.
If you’re headed to any of these events, please stop by the DonorDrive booth to say hi, pick up some top-notch swag and tell us about your online fundraising experiences. A one-on-one meeting can easily be arranged as well. We look forward to seeing you this conference season.
DonorDrive® is truly effective software dedicated to event-based social fundraising for medium and large non-profits. Children's Miracle Network Hospitals, Doctors Without Borders, Autism Speaks Canada and Team ASPCA are a few of the causes that use DonorDrive Social Fundraising software for their runs, walks, rides and virtual campaigns to engage constituents and maximize donations. Every year, people are raising millions for great causes through DonorDrive. Learn more at DonorDrive.com.