Los Angeles, California (PRWEB) February 26, 2013
A showcase of crucial infrastructure projects around the world and the complex choreography involved in moving them forward highlight a major international conference taking place this week in New York City. The 6th Global Infrastructure Leadership Forum, to be held at the Alexander Hamilton U.S. Custom House in lower Manhattan, Feb. 27-March 1, 2013, with AECOM as strategic sponsor, will provide leaders from global governments, public institutions and the private sector a key opportunity to explore case studies and best practices in meeting technical, financing and management challenges to successfully deliver critical infrastructure projects.
Along with its co-sponsorship of the forum, executives from AECOM will lead or participate in several panel discussions:
- Vahid Ownjazayeri, executive vice president and group chief executive global Civil & Infrastructure, will deliver opening remarks as well as introduce and moderate a panel on top global strategic infrastructure projects, which will include representatives from the nations of Georgia, Indonesia, Namibia, and Qatar;
- Tim McManus, senior vice president, director of program management and director of post-Hurricane Sandy PMO, will lead a panel on lessons learned from super storm Sandy, with a focus on infrastructure reliability and resiliency;
- Tom Waldron, senior vice president, Americas, and director, transit and rail, will present the Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Metro during a panel on top rail projects;
- Paul DeKeyser, senior vice president, North America Water lead, will present the Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, storm water program; and
- Donald Graul, senior vice president, global alternative delivery, will participate in a session focused on building a new metro system in Qatar.
“Our sponsorship of the forum and level of participation reflect AECOM’s interest in advancing the development of global infrastructure,” said Ownjazayeri. “We are especially pleased that the forum continues to present panel discussions that showcase the tremendous work of national governments in developing the vital networks and systems necessary to support and sustain economic development and to enhance the quality of life for their citizens.”
More information about the forum is available online at http://cg-la.com/en/gilf6.
AECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government. With approximately 45,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering solutions that create, enhance and sustain the world's built, natural, and social environments. A Fortune 500 company, AECOM serves clients in more than 140 countries and had revenue of $8.2 billion during the 12 months ended Dec. 31, 2012. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at http://www.aecom.com.