Testing Online Waters: MOOCs Decoded
Virginia Beach, VA (PRWEB) February 27, 2013
Edvance360, a leading provider of eLearning services and software solutions and a CODiE 2011 winner, announced a partnership with the Catholic Distance Learning Network to provide a free webinar called “Testing Online Waters: MOOCs Decoded.” Attendees will learn from online learning experts, Nicole Iovine, Dr. Sebastian Mahfood, and Jason Braun, how smaller institutions can and should take full advantage of Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs).
Learn how a small seminary was able to provide MOOCs for credit to learners, facilitate community, and build their school's exposure by doing so. Hear how MOOCs actually fit smaller schools even better than the "big boys" like MIT. To learn more about MOOCs and our free MOOC offering, go to http://edvance360.wordpress.com/mooc.
According to the Chronicle of Higher Education: “Massive open online courses appear to be a way for colleges to broaden their appeal and stand out among other institutions.” Join this webinar to learn how an institution can take full advantage of MOOCs without committing large amounts of time and resources.
We invite schools to consider joining Edvance360. We offer:
- Unparalleled Personal Support – Edvance360 is a demonstrated leader in its commitment to personalized support for its clients.
- Affordable Pricing – Edvance360’s pricing is significantly lower than any of the other commercial vendors. Pricing is regularly 30%-50% below competitor prices.
- Forward-Thinking Commitment – Edvance360 was the first LMS to combine social networking and other Web 2.0 tools (Wikis, Blogs, RSS feeds, etc.) with the academic features in a Learner Management System.
- Open Standards and Specifications – Edvance360 supports SCORM and Common Cartridge
Learning Outcome Management (LOM) – Use our intuitive LOM tools to assess and manage learning outcomes on student, course, and institutional levels (no additional cost).
- ePortfolios – Enables students at colleges to manage a professional portfolio containing skills developed, documents published, experience gained, and recommendations garnered from teachers (no additional cost).
Edvance360 is an Internet-based Learner Management System (LMS) and secure social network that enables institutions to implement a successful online academic program. Edvance360 equips schools, corporations, and organizations to host online courses, implement modular courses, and revitalize residential courses. Edvance360 was designed by educators for educators, with insight provided by many of the leading educational design experts.
Our clients enjoy a high return on their investment, personalized support, and customizable solutions. We do not believe a one-size-fits-all approach is beneficial to our clients, so we are committed to adapting Edvance360 to fit the needs of the rapidly changing world of education.
Edvance360 is headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia, with operations in North Carolina and Washington state. For more information, please visit http://www.Edvance360.com or call 866-458-0360.
Edvance360 and the Edvance360 logo are trademarks of Edvance360 Corporation. All other company and product names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
About the Catholic Distance Learning Network
The Catholic Distance Learning Network of the Seminary Department of the National Catholic Educational Association provides resources for the training of teachers in online teaching and learning and in teaching research design.
Their website can be accessed at http://www.catholicdistance.org.