Dallas, TX (PRWEB) February 28, 2013
Airway Management (AMI) released the revolutionary TAP PAP™ Nasal Pillow Mask to the Home Medical and Sleep Markets today.
Adherence to CPAP therapy is a longstanding concern of physicians and treatment providers alike. It is estimated that from 46 – 83% of patients discontinue CPAP therapy within the first year, leaving them with untreated Obstructive Sleep Apnea (a major problem that can severely affect over all health and quality of life). Adding to this concern is the estimate that between five and 15% of adult Americans have Obstructive Sleep Apnea, leaving more than 85% of the affected population to be yet diagnosed or treated.
The new TAP PAP Nasal Pillow Mask answers all of the problems associated with traditional CPAP masks that typically lead to discontinuance of therapy. These problems include instability, air leak, noise, pressure drop and head straps, which often render annoying marks on the face after use. “The extra stability provide by TAP PAP virtually eliminates air leaks, and headgear is now optional which will make most users happy,” said Alastair McAuley, AMI’s president.
“The new TAP PAP will enable millions of people to adhere to CPAP therapy, who are struggling or have discontinued altogether,” said Steve Moore, the company’s Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
Airway Management is confident that the new TAP PAP Nasal Pillow Mask will help patients use their machines on a nightly basis. “We feel so strongly about the performance of TAP PAP that we have integrated an industry first patient compliance and satisfaction guarantee,” said Moore. “By addressing the issues associated with current CPAP mask technology, the overall comfort and usability is significantly improved with the new TAP PAP design.”
AMI was founded in 1994 by W. Keith Thornton, D.D.S., a third generation dentist who holds more than 50 patents related to Oral Appliances and CPAP masks in the treatment area of Sleep Disordered Breathing (SDB). Airway Management is known for their industry leading TAP™ Oral Appliance.
“The new TAP PAP Nasal Pillow Mask is a culmination from years of Dr. Thornton’s work in which he discovered that CPAP masks are more stable and perform better when anchored to the upper teeth,” said McAuley.
Contact: Alastair McAuley, President, Airway Management (amcauley(at)amisleep(dot)com)