Pharmaceutical Reformulation Strategies - New Technologies Extend Use Beyond Lifecycle Management.
Dublin, Ireland (PRWEB) February 27, 2013
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Reformulation Strategies - New Technologies Extend Use Beyond Lifecycle Management" report to their offering.
Reformulation performs a key role in the pharmaceutical industry enabling companies to maximize their returns on investment while broadening treatment options and improving patient experience. It's potential to rejuvenate R&D pipelines in the future as new technologies emerge compliment its position as a key lifecycle management strategy.
Reformulation will continue to be a much used lifecycle management strategy, enabling companies to boost sales before patent expiry and in ideal cases protect sales after generics enter. However in order to achieve this, companies must focus increasingly on demonstrating provable benefits, ideally in head to head trials against the original product. This has become necessary as increasingly cost conscious healthcare providers promote the use of generic therapies unless clear advantages are demonstrated.
Biologics increasing dominance of the pharmaceutical market opens new opportunities in reformulation and will drive the sector's future success. Opportunities to deliver less frequent dosing or more convenient and lower cost formulations will continue to drive the development of new technologies.
The report, Reformulation Strategies, has been written to support companies with their strategic plans to maximize product portfolios and thus increase revenues across the lifecycles of their products. The insights, analysis, and support provided can be used throughout the pharma, biotech, and generics industries.
Key Reasons to Purchase:
- Learn what drug reformulation is and why it is such a valuable lifecycle management tool for both pharmaceutical and biotech companies
- Assess the opportunities to use reformulation to extend & grow the revenues for your product along with which types of reformulation best fit your needs
- Understand the new technologies that are now available to use to support your reformulation strategy
- Benefit from the analysis of multiple case studies to help support your company's/brand's strategy moving forward
- Understand how reformulation can be a successful tool to reinvigorate your company's R&D pipeline, opening up new opportunities for past projects which were unsuccessful
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Introduction to reformulation strategies
Chapter 2: Analysis of the key drivers of reformulation in the pharmaceutical market
Chapter 3: Focus on controlled release reformulation strategies
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5k945b/reformulation
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager.
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): 353-1-481-1716