Kimbia has created a seamless process that is not only easier to use than other platforms, but also resulted in more than double the donations.
AUSTIN, Texas (PRWEB) February 27, 2013
Today, Kimbia announced the rapidly growing adoption rate of Match Days by community foundations. As of press time, the number of Kimbia-powered Match Day events scheduled for 2013 is double the number of 2012 events.
There are more than 700 community foundations in the United States. Supported by both private and public donors in their respective communities, they make grants to local nonprofits. The nonprofits then use the funds to achieve their missions. Community foundations enable local people to help each other by sharing resources for the good of the community.
Faced with increasing competition for new donors, community foundations are searching for new ways to: attract new donors and new funds; increase collaboration with nonprofit organizations; and raise community-wide brand awareness. In order to achieve these goals, they are turning to online-enabled (Web, social media and mobile) Match Days. For these events, both community foundations and the nonprofits they serve use widespread community promotion and a short timeline (typically one day) to encourage donations. On the designated Match Day, donors select which nonprofits they want to support at the time they make their online gifts. Matching funds from the community foundations amplify the local contributions.
Community foundations using Kimbia’s online fundraising solution in 2012:
- Raised up to $14.4M in a single day, $1M in just 19 minutes and a single gift of $2.5M;
- Attracted up to 15,000 donors, with up to 60 percent being new donors;
- Doubled the amount of funds raised and tripled the participation rate of the prior year; and
- Funded up to 900 nonprofits per event.
The adoption rate of Match Days has grown, in part, as a result of Kimbia’s deep understanding of how to make it easy for community foundations, nonprofits and donors to achieve their goals.
“We are thrilled with the results from Telluride Gives 12.12.12,” said Katie Singer, Development Manager, Telluride Foundation. “Kimbia has created a seamless process that is not only easier to use than other platforms, but also resulted in more than double the donations. With success like that, we can't wait to see how much our community can raise next year and in 2014 with Give Local America!"
Kimbia makes Match Days a “brandraising,” as well as fundraising, turnkey event by providing:
- Services -- Launch of a uniquely branded campaign on a highly-scalable, Kimbia-hosted, website, dedicated support for the event day and nightly forwarding of funds;
- Tools -- Access to nonprofit data via GuideStar or a community foundation database, nonprofit donation tracking URLs for all participating organizations and donations forms for each participating nonprofit, progress meters and real-time reporting, PCI Level 1 certification, and the highest rating available for keeping credit card and payment transaction data safe and secure; and
- Proven Practices -- Social media and online fundraising training and Match Day event best practices.
“Investment in the Extraordinary Give [Match Day] generated incredible brand awareness for our community foundation,” said Sam Bressi, President and CEO, Lancaster County Community Foundation. “While we used traditional marketing and advertising outlets to promote the day, our brand alone could never have engaged our nonprofit sector or our residents in such a powerful community-building event. Even now, when we introduce ourselves, people say ‘Oh, you did the Extraordinary Give!’”
Kimbia provides the most powerful and flexible online fundraising and event management tools in the marketplace today, empowering nonprofit organizations and community foundations to significantly increase giving, participation and advocacy through online, social media and mobile channels. Based in Austin, Texas, Kimbia is proud to support more than 5,000 customers to date. Just a few of Kimbia’s Community Foundation customers include Community Foundation of Sarasota County, Community Foundation Serving Richmond & Central Virginia, Lancaster County Community Foundation, Telluride Foundation, The Boston Foundation, The San Diego Foundation, Omaha Community Foundation, Centre Foundation, and Community Foundation for Greater New Haven. For more information, visit http://www.kimbia.com.
# # #