Boston, MA (PRWEB) February 28, 2013
The house was constructed in 1703 by Phineas Upham, who was the descendant of a John Upham who journeyed to the Massachusetts colony in 1635 from Weymouth, England. The house has undergone many additions and restorations in its over 300 years in Melrose. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1990.
The Phineas Upham House is maintained by the Upham Family Society, which grants visitation by appointment.
Visit http://phineasuphamhouse.com or more information, including directions on how to visit the historic home, and links to additional resources for learning about the house’s history.