Gadget insurance brand, Protect Your Bubble, shares four quick facts consumers should keep in mind while shopping for iPhone coverage
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) February 28, 2013
There are some many smartphone coverage policies out there that it can be difficult to choose the right one. Gadget insurance brand, Protect Your Bubble, shares four quick facts consumers should keep in mind while shopping for iPhone coverage:
1. Apple’s Official Extended Warranty Only Covers Hardware Defects
While it may always seem like a good idea to check with the first party manufacturer before searching elsewhere, this is one case where that’ll definitely cost more money. If consumers get Apple’s traditional extended warranty after the first year of owning their iPhone, they’ll still just be covered for hardware and manufacturing defects. That means accidents, theft, and more won’t be covered.
2. Make Sure Your New Warranty Covers Water Damage
According to an askmen.com article, the most common accident that will prematurely end an iPhone’s life is water or liquid damage. This is particularly distinctive and easy to spot, so even if the phone had any other problems, if an inspection finds water damage, they’ll most likely go with water damage as the main cause. This means the consumer will need to shell out another $600 for a replacement. For those who want to avoid this risk entirely, make sure to go with a policy that will cover this type of damage.
3. Keep In Mind What The iPhone’s Natural Lifespan Is
For someone who’s likely to upgrade every one to two years, they probably don’t need an extended warranty for hardware defects. What you want is an insurance policy that will cover drops, cracked screens, and more. These things will shorten the device’s lifespan much more dramatically than a gradual hardware malfunction.
4. The Danger of Theft
No doubt, these devices are highly sought after…especially for criminals. Other warranty products on the market do not cover Loss and Theft. Protect Your Bubble’s mobile gadget insurance will not only replace the device, but it will replace it in 24 hours. Having the device back in the customer’s hand as quickly as possible sets Protect Your Bubble apart from other warranties on the market.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and
travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
- Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
- Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
- Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and behavioral treatments and alternative therapies. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100 which only need to be met once per plan year.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA