When carrying out a random act of kindness, nothing is expected in return, which is the beauty of the phenomenon.
Galena, IL (PRWEB) March 04, 2013
Although Random Act of Kindness Day was last week, that doesn’t mean giving some love and care to others has to stop. Scientific studies have indicated that there are physiological and physical health benefits to giving and receiving kindness in life. At McCoy Insurance Services, they are committed to promoting the health and safety of the community. This is why they want to inform everyone on how and why kindness in life is so important.
Practicing random acts of kindness can create a sense of safety and connection. This can result in an optimistic lifestyle full of clarity, kindness, good energy, and peace of mind. With science and research to back it up, there are positive effects of kindness on health, therefore a positive effect on health insurance. Listed are some of those benefits, provided by McCoy Insurance Services:
- Increased immune system performance.
- An inner balance which can result in less stress.
- A person is more likely to live longer and have a more satisfying life.
- Helping a neighbor, volunteering, or donating services can result in a “high”, making a person happier.
- Performing a kind act releases oxytocin. This occurrence protects the heart by lowering blood pressure for a short period of time.
When carrying out a random act of kindness, nothing is expected in return, which is the beauty of the phenomenon. Some acts are random while others require more planning. Either way, there are many methods to find inspiration to spread kindness throughout the community. Here are a few ideas:
- Giving up a seat on the bus for an elderly person.
- Buying another person in line a cup of coffee.
- Making someone who is down laugh out loud.
- Baking treats for the office.
- Sending someone a nice card “just because.”
- Helping someone move out of their house.
- Donating clothes, food, or blood.
The agents at McCoy Insurance Services hope the local community finds some inspiration and begins spreading kindness today! As the world becomes more chaotic, it is important to pause and reflect on what one has. To protect those valuable possessions and people, you can turn to McCoy Insurance Services for support. Contact them for more information and a free quote at 888-490-0298.
About McCoy Insurance Services:
McCoy Insurance Services is a proud local agency with locations in Galena, IL and Elizabeth, IL. Its agents take pride in their industry expertise of over 90 years. Besides serving the local community, they also write insurance for the states of Iowa and Wisconsin. McCoy Insurance Services offers a wide variety of coverage options, from personal to business lines of insurance. In addition, they will provide a complete analysis of a customer’s insurance needs and design a responsible program to fit a particular budget. They will also file any claims quickly and follow up to make sure the customer receives a prompt and fair settlement. The agency believes that no one should be left hanging when something unexpected happens.