Invited medical device experts from industry, academia and research institutions will be presenting and discussing recent developments and future trends. The conference theme for 2013 is "Improving the Quality of Life Through Innovation".
San Jose, CA (PRWEB) March 04, 2013
On March 27th, 2013, the Biomedical Engineering Society at San Jose State University will be hosting its Fourth Annual Bay Area Biomedical Device Conference. Invited medical device experts from industry, academia and research institutions will be presenting and discussing recent developments and future trends. The conference theme for 2013 is "Improving the Quality of Life Through Innovation". Early professional registration ends March 17th.
The conference is intended for medical device professionals, engineers, managers, executives, marketing professionals, and students interested in broadening their knowledge of the current medical device market, from biomaterials and manufacturing to regulations and marketing.
Distinguished speakers invited to share their knowledge and insights include:
- Michel Accad, M.D. - Chief Medical Officer, Maya Medical, Inc.
- Debera Brown - Regulatory Affairs Professional
- Ben Clark - Engineering Manager, Renal Division, Medtronics
- Sanjay Joshi, Ph.D. - Associate Professor, University of California, Davis
- Deborah Kilpatrick, Ph.D. - Chief Commerical Officer, CardioDx
- C.T. Lin, Ph.D. - Professor, CSU Northridge
- George Marcellino, Ph.D. - Vice-President and Co-Founder, Optimedica, Inc.
- Stefan Quandt - Industry Manager, Medical Devices at Rofin-Sinar, Inc.
- Jeff Ross, Ph.D., Vice President, Miromatrix Medical, Inc.
- Judy Strojny, M.S. - Deputy Regional Director, Pacific Region, FDA
A new addition to the 2013 program are two unique speaker panels, with one focused discussion on "The Changing Landscape of the Medical Device Industry" and another on "Healthcare Economics".
Participants of the first panel, "The Changing Landscape of the Medical Device Industry", are:
- Roger Guidi - Ascension Health Ventures and founder, Healthcare Associates, LLC
- Todd Thompson - Vice President Business Development, Proteus Digital Health
- Rob Weigle - Chief Executive Officer, Benvenue Medical, Inc.
- Janie Mandrusov, Ph.D. - Director, Preclincal & Clinical Development at SinuSys Corp. (Panel Moderator)
The individuals participating in the second panel, "Healthcare Economics" are:
- Wade Aubry, M.D. - Associate Clinical Professor, University of California San Francisco
- John Hornberger, M.D., M.S. - Cedar Associates & Stanford University
- Chris Panarites, Ph.D. - Director, Endovascular Market Access, Abbott Vascular
- Genevieve Tang - Quorum Consulting (Panel Moderator)
This conference is intended to be a thought-provoking event that will also improve networking among industry professionals, and university-industry collaborations. Topics covered at the Bay Area Biomedical Device Conference 2013 will explore many facets of the medical device industry, and will provide professionals an opportunity to learn about recent developments in:
- Personalized Medicine
- Transplantable Organs
- Photonics in Medicine
- Therapeutic Applications of RF Ablation
- FDA Regulatory Requirements
- Brain-Computer Interfaces
- Healthcare Economics
Corporate sponsors of this conference include NUTEK Corporation at the Diamond Level, Intuitive Surgical, Inc. and ISIS Services at the Platinum Level, The Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) at the Gold Level, Instron, APOMed, Zeus, Hantel, and Pulse Systems at the Silver level. Co-Sponsors of the conference are MEPTEC, Bio2Device, and the Silicon Valley Chapter of SME. We gratefully acknowledge their kind support.
Additional information about the conference including registration information is available at:
About BMES @ SJSU:
The Biomedical Engineering Society at San Jose State University is dedicated to promoting the profession of biomedical engineering through the study, research, and discussion of current issues and technological advances. The student chapter promotes professional and academic excellence to its members by supplementing academic knowledge acquired in the classroom with professional, community, and social activities.
For more information, visit our website http://www.engr.sjsu.edu/bmes/
Conference email address: sjsubmes.vpconf(at)gmail(dot)com