Imprivata has helped us to eliminate that contradiction and as a result, increase our care providers’ participation in the digital revolution.
Lexington, Mass. (PRWEB) March 04, 2013
Imprivata, the leader in healthcare IT security, today announced that for the second year in a row, the company’s healthcare business grew at a rate of more than 40%, with bookings increasing 42 percent year-over-year in 2012. In the midst of industry transformation and widespread reform, healthcare organizations moving to electronic systems continue to turn to Imprivata to ensure that newly digitized health records can be accessed and shared securely in order to enhance the care delivery process. In 2012, 231 healthcare organizations purchased Imprivata OneSign to speed workflows with single sign-on (SSO) and authentication management, and more than 400 healthcare organizations enrolled their employees for Cortext, Imprivata’s free, HIPAA compliant text messaging solution.
“As our industry undergoes this rapid shift to electronic health records, we are presented with a contradiction between two of our goals; the need to protect health information, and the need to make these new systems easy to use,” commented Bruce Hall, CIO at Augusta Health. “Imprivata has helped us to eliminate that contradiction and as a result, increase our care providers’ participation in the digital revolution.”
Milestones in the company’s 2012 growth are marked by:
- With the addition of 231 new Imprivata OneSign customers worldwide, Imprivata’s market share increased from 25 percent at the end of July to more than 30 percent according to HIMSS Analytics.
- The launch of Imprivata Cortext; the fastest growing free, HIPAA compliant text messaging solution on the market, which has been adopted by more than 100 healthcare organizations each month since its first release in October 2012.
- The first annual Imprivata HealthCon User Conference, which brought together more than 200 healthcare professionals from over 100 customer organizations, and 18 partners to share experience and learn from healthcare IT security experts.
- The introduction of the Imprivata Developer Program (IDP) to enable the integration of secure No Click Access™ into applications, medical devices, services and non-Windows endpoints, including Linux, thin and zero client devices. Through work with IDP partners such as Cerner, Citrix, Igel, HP, McKesson, Siemens, TI, VMware, Imprivata has become the defacto standard for healthcare IT security.
- Imprivata was ranked number one for the third time in the annual “Best in KLAS Awards” reports.
- Imprivata OneSign’s exclusive endorsement from the American Hospital Association, for the second consecutive year.
- The Frost & Sullivan 2012 North American Customer Value Enhancement Award, recognizing Imprivata’s deep understanding of clinical workflows to drive electronic medical record (EMR) adoption.
- Employee growth of more than 41 percent, including the appointments of Carina Edwards, senior vice president, to head the company’s new Customer Experience Group, John Milton, as vice president and general counsel, and Mark Clark, vice president of international, to drive business in international markets.
- More than doubling the size of both its North American and EMEA headquarters with new corporate offices in Lexington, Massachusetts and international offices in Stockley Park, England.
- Recognition of workplace excellence by the Boston Globe and Modern Healthcare when Imprivata secured a top slot in the Boston Globe’s “2012 Best Places to Work” list and in Modern Healthcare’s “2012 Best Places to Work in Healthcare” ranking.
“Technology is the only viable solution to the healthcare crisis that countries around the world face today,” commented Omar Hussain, president and CEO at Imprivata. “Imprivata is in the right place at the right time with the right solutions, and we are delighted to be playing a critical role in our customers’ success as they make the shift to the digital world. The potential for innovation to improve efficiency and quality of care is enormous. It is a very exciting time to be in the healthcare business.”
Imprivata solutions will be demonstrated at the Health Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS) conference, March 3-7, in New Orleans at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. Imprivata customers will deliver 14 presentations in the Imprivata booth on how the implementation of the technology is helping them to speed EHR adoption, improve physician satisfaction to improve the quality of care. Imprivata OneSign will also be demonstrated in 16 partner booths.
Imprivata, the leader in healthcare IT security, enables secure access and collaboration for two million healthcare users worldwide. As the #1 independent provider of single sign-on and access management solutions for healthcare and other regulated industries, Imprivata OneSign® Single Sign-On is exclusively endorsed by American Hospital Association (AHA) and recognized by Gartner and KLAS. Imprivata Cortext™ is the leading free HIPAA compliant text messaging solution for healthcare. Headquartered in Lexington, Massachusetts, Imprivata serves 1,300 hospitals in partnership with over 200 EMR and technology infrastructure vendors around the world. For more information, please visit http://www.imprivata.com.
All Imprivata products are trademarks of Imprivata, Inc. in the USA and other countries. All other product or company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.