In his March 20th speech, Hon. Kendall is expected to highlight acquisition opportunities in meeting precision strike challenges in the new strategic environment.
Arlington, VA (PRWEB) March 05, 2013
Precision Strike Association (PSA) is pleased to announce that the Honorable Frank Kendall, Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics (AT&L), is scheduled to speak at its upcoming Precision Strike Annual Review (PSAR-13) event in Springfield, VA, March 19-20, 2013.
In his March 20th speech, Hon. Kendall is expected to highlight acquisition opportunities in meeting precision strike challenges in the new strategic environment. This annual review, whose theme this year is “Precision Engagement—New Strategic Environment,” will focus on global presence and will describe both the new strategic environment, as well as needed characteristics of future strike weapons & systems.
Other event speakers include:
- Congressman Mac Thornberry – R-13th District, TX
- Major General Steven Kwast, USAF – Director, AF QDR Office of AF/CVA
- Al Shaffer – Acting ASD for Research & Engineering, OSD
- Rear Admiral Rick Snyder, USN – Deputy Director Joint Strategic Planning, The Joint Staff (J-5)
- David Ochmanek – DASD for Force Development, OUSD (Policy)
- Gregory Knapp – Vice Assistant Deputy Director, Joint & Coalition Warfighting, The Joint Staff (J-7)
- Rear Admiral Mat Winter, USN – PEO for Unmanned Aviation & Strike Weapons
Focus areas for PSAR-13 include:
- Pivot to the Asia-Pacific Region & “Hot Spots” in the Middle East
- Critical Perspectives—National Security, Defense Policy, Budget & C4ISR Integration
- 2014 Quadrennial Defense Review Initiatives & Future Force Development
- Services & International Precision Weapons Sessions—including Air-Sea Battle
- Precision Weapons & Munitions for Tomorrow’s Strategic Environment
- S&T & Laboratory Initiatives for the Asia-Pacific Region
- Mid- and Far-Term Challenges for Precision Engagement
- Acquisition Opportunities in Meeting Precision Strike Challenges
- USSOCOM’s Perspective on Delivering Precision Strike Capabilities
- Joint Strike Fighter—Precision Engagement in the New Strategic Environment
A special feature of PSAR-13 will be the presentation of the William J. Perry Award to Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control/U.S. Army Joint Attack Munition Systems HELLFIRE II Team, who have made significant contributions to the development and support of precision strike systems that have led to the strengthening of our vital national security interests. Dr. Paul Kaminski-Director, Defense Science Board-will present this year's award on behalf of Dr. Bill Perry.
For more information, email info(at)precisionstrike(dot)org or visit http://www.precisionstrike.org/Events/3PPR/3PPR.html
To view the latest PSA Digest Newsletter Note, please check http://www.precisionstrike.org/pdf/2013_1st_QTR_Digest.pdf to view the 1st QTR 13 PSA Digest for PSAR-13 highlights and other interesting articles including CHAMP Program and Maritime Defense of the Arabian Gulf.
About PSA: The Precision Strike Association http://www.precisionstrike.org is an affiliate of the National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA). PSA is a world-class organization dedicated to advancing the art and science of precision engagement concepts and technologies. The Association focuses on DoD's Kill Chain by supporting the development of systems that find, fix, track, target, attack, and assess hard and soft targets. PSA is a coalition of military, government, academic and industrial subject matter experts and organized as a not for profit, tax-exempt organization.