We believe that the Fund provides excellent investment opportunities for Link·age and our members, and also provides us with a unique view into the important ever-changing healthcare field.
Cincinnati (PRWEB) March 05, 2013
Link·age Ventures, Inc. (“Link·age”) is pleased to announce a recent investment in the Alliance Healthcare Investment Fund, LP (the “Fund”). Link·age is a private equity firm focused on investing in leading companies that provide products, services and technology to the aging marketplace and is based in Mason, Ohio.
The transaction, which was agreed to in December of 2012, enables Link·age to participate in investment opportunities presenting themselves in the broader healthcare market. The following is a brief summary of the Fund and its objectives:
The Fund will:
- Be managed by Alliance Healthcare Partners Management, LLC (the “Manager”). The Manager is comprised of three very experienced and successful healthcare entrepreneurs, Joseph Mayernik, Tim Einwechter and Ricardo Ferreira. The unique experience and expertise of this team will be a major factor in the operation and success of the Fund.
- Focus on the healthcare industry. The Fund will invest in early-stage and growth-stage companies in the industry.
- Seek out companies that have devices, procedures or services that improve patient outcomes and/or allow providers of healthcare services to reduce costs of delivering quality health care.
- Employ an investment strategy that will emphasize management teams that have prior success and experience in similar or related business endeavors.
- Emphasize companies in high-growth markets with manageable capital needs.
Link·age will be able to enjoy the benefits of investment in the broader healthcare market, but will also be able to lend expertise and access to those opportunities looking to provide a product or service to the aging marketplace.
Scott Collins, CEO of Link·age, added, “We believe that the Fund provides excellent investment opportunities for Link·age and our members, and also provides us with a unique view into the important ever-changing healthcare field.”
John Hopper, Managing Director of Link·age Ventures, stated, “Working with Joe, Tim, Rick and the team at Alliance to create a relationship that makes sense for all parties and then making it come to fruition has been very rewarding. We are tremendously excited to assist in developing exciting new companies to provide unique solutions across the healthcare spectrum.”
For more information on Link·age and Link·age Ventures, visit http://www.LinkageConnect.com.
Link·age was created by a group of not-for-profit senior living providers in the mid 1990s to address opportunities in managed care. Over the years, the organization evolved into a provider of cost-containment solutions, as well as a platform for shared investment opportunities among the founding members. Today, Link·age is comprised of more than 600 senior living communities and over 300,000 residents. We connect our members and thought leaders in the aging space to a broad range of resources to ensure their ongoing success and sustainability.
Link·age Ventures is a subsidiary of Link·age, and is an investment firm interested in investing in financially viable companies that provide products, services or technology to the aging marketplace. Link·age Ventures is a “hybrid” firm, in that it will invest in traditional venture capital opportunities and more established companies that fit its investment criteria. Link·age Ventures looks to invest in companies that understand and can leverage the Link·age network of 600 senior living communities and more than 300,000 residents to grow their organizations.